Lightning for Reefer-S 1000

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The updates with V3 and the 900 definitely made me feel better.

I am curious though, if size wasn't an issue for your basement, Why would you go with the S-1000 at $6600 with the current $1800 in savings with 900 being at $4850? From a structural standpoint I'm not really worried either way. The Euro bracing/trim is nice as it will keep some critters and fish in the tank.

The volumes are much more similar than pricing. So the real question, is the extra cash for all aluminum and euro-bracing worth it due to the structural security even after the updates for you? As someone with the V3 I feel like you're my best bet here lol. There so much recent Red Sea hate going on right now I can't get a solid opinion.
The S-1000 offers the all aluminum stand, Euro bracing and a slightly larger sump and display volume. Is that worth the ~$1800 in price? Maybe.

Me, I would get it just for the aluminum stand alone - but that's just me. The Euro bracing/trim also helps keeps various critters and fish in the tank.

I haven't tried the Neptune SKY but I've heard good things about it.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The S-1000 offers the all aluminum stand, Euro bracing and a slightly larger sump and display volume. Is that worth the ~$1800 in price? Maybe.

Me, I would get it just for the aluminum stand alone - but that's just me. The Euro bracing/trim also helps keeps various critters and fish in the tank.

I haven't tried the Neptune SKY but I've heard good things about it.
I'm watching more and more videos on the Sky's... data says go with the Sky's, its a Gen 1 item, so I'm taking a risk, but I really want to get 3 of them. I honestly want to just get 2 and see what kind of readings I can get. It seems for a mixed reef tank just 2 of them would even work. 3 of these on a 82" tank would almost be overkill so I'd have to run intensity down.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I recently added two supplemental LED bars to my XR15 and am very impressed by the spread and par these bars offer.

If I set up a tank right now, I might consider LED bar-only lighting. It is possible now as places such as https://www.quantareef.com/ offer bars that are AB+ spectrum. Reef breeders also have some excellent LED bars.

With Neptune Sky being a first-gen product and various teardowns complaining about the quality, I will stick with a more proven product such as the Radions when dropping that kind of money.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added two supplemental LED bars to my XR15 and am very impressed by the spread and par these bars offer.

If I set up a tank right now, I might consider LED bar-only lighting. It is possible now as places such as https://www.quantareef.com/ offer bars that are AB+ spectrum. Reef breeders also have some excellent LED bars.

With Neptune Sky being a first-gen product and various teardowns complaining about the quality, I will stick with a more proven product such as the Radions when dropping that kind of money.
I've seen those videos, however the hasn't been any proof that theres a problem with the quality at all. The product has somewhat proved the opposite. Ryan at BRS is loving it on his own tank. I think I'm going with Neptune Sky's and will leave the inferior Radions behind. Although its a gen 1 product I think its already proving way better than xr30s. Also try to have fun with the mobius app! Major fail right there at gen 5. If you cant get a decent app by gen 5 then somethings off.

Back