Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my guess too. ☹️
Maybe your fish died on them... maybe its better that fish died on them instead of dying on you... at least eventually you should get fish (or your money back)

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is not in stock right now which is why I ordered it when it was in stock two weeks ago, paid for it, and talked to customer service directly about holding the fish until I returned from vacation (which nobody had an issue with).
Just looked on their site again. Says the fish is in stock.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely a crappy situation. And hope the best
Sooo what is “ said “ fish?
Should've included it earlier, my bad. It is a Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse. I wouldn't say they are never in stock, but LA is the only place I have seen that has them regularly.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should've included it earlier, my bad. It is a Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse. I wouldn't say they are never in stock, but LA is the only place I have seen that has them regularly.
Was it a diver’s den fish or ship from California? if from Cali, it’s drop shipped and not actually in their possession.

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new LA does not show an actual list of current stock for sale. Just because a fish is listed does not mean a thing. They will take your order and ship it if they have at least 75% of it. If your 75% order puts you under the free shipping amount you have to pay for shipping. Last time I sent in an order I added a note to not ship if the order was not 100%. They contacted me and said they would not do that so I canceled it. Because of this I will not purchase from them anymore. Search the forums and you will probably find a lot of posts about this change in LA's service.

Last edited:
OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new LA does not show an actual list of current stock for sale. Just because a fish is listed does not mean a thing. They will take your order and ship it if they have at least 75% of it. If your 75% order puts you under the free shipping amount you have to pay for shipping. Last time I sent in an order I added a note to not ship if the order was not 100%. They contacted me and said they would not do that so I canceled it. Because of this I will not purchase from them anymore. Search the forums and you will probably find a lot of posts about this change in LA's service.
So they list in/out of stock for no reason? I just don't see the point of even having an in/out of stock status if it doesn't matter.

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says it is shipping from their CA facility. May be a stupid question but what do you mean by drop shipping?
The wholesaler ships it for them, LA doesn't have the fish in their possession. The in stock list is from the wholesaler, which is filling orders for numerous online stores along with what is shipped to local fish stores. Probably not a real time inventory on LA's site.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was fleeced for about 2k from Liveaquaria 2 months ago. Absolutely everything they sent died within weeks. I haven't lost anything they I receiveded from other vendors, just liveaquaria. They always had an excuse. Shipped one fish to wrong person and then tried to make me wait for credit. Unreal.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fleeced for about 2k from Liveaquaria 2 months ago. Absolutely everything they sent died within weeks. I haven't lost anything they I receiveded from other vendors, just liveaquaria. They always had an excuse. Shipped one fish to wrong person and then tried to make me wait for credit. Unreal.
Wow! I can’t believe some of the stories I’ve heard/seen. One of the posts that I saw said that they literally sent a bag of water to someone.

OP
OP
marisp127

marisp127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anyone is interested, here’s an update on the situation.

I contacted customer service and received another automated response about the order and that I could change its status before 8/27. Initially I was still hopeful that I could get a healthy specimen but after searching for answers on the web about their lackluster response and finding horror story after horror story about them I decided to be safe and not risk getting a diseased fish. I sent an email asking for my order to be cancelled (as was supposedly allowed given their inability to fill the order) and was told that they could put a request in but no promises.

I then received a call from customer service trying to remedy the problem (only after I wrote a review on their FB page). A couple of things were confirmed through our conversation, some of which several of you alluded to on this thread.

1. LA uses outside vendors for their fish, meaning they never actually have eyes on “their”stock (besides Diver’s Den) and subsequently, don’t know what is actually available at any given time. As many of you have said, this leads to many issues in their customer service or ability to do anything beyond taking and placing orders.
2. It sounds as though LA has nearly no control over cancellations and can only submit requests to their vendors to stop shipping (hence their inability to actually do what they say). I can only imagine that this leads to other supply chain issues beyond my own circumstances.
3. Despite saying they can hold orders up to two weeks (and confirming that when I messaged Customer Service after I placed the order), the rep tried to tell me that they normally don’t do holds for more than a few days. Also, holds are only for the order, not an actual fish so if someone else comes along and wants the same fish right away, they’ll sell it to them.

I am still waiting for my cancellation confirmation and the rep said that if they can’t cancel that the fish will ship today (which is another issue I have as they never asked what my preferred ship date would be or if I would even be available to pick up a live fish order).

Overall, I am still very disappointed with LA and hope that they can figure out this vendor nonsense. It seems as though they have little desire to work with me (or maybe they really don’t have much say in their business partnerships) and are focused entirely on profit, not customer satisfaction or care. I will not be doing business with them in future.

Last edited:

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I can’t believe some of the stories I’ve heard/seen. One of the posts that I saw said that they literally sent a bag of water to someone.

Yep:

Or maybe the fish was invisible?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep:

Wow that was just a couple days ago too?!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep:

I am sure he only ordered a bag of water after having too many drinks.

;Hilarious I'm sorry....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back