Live stocking ideas! HELP MEEE

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Species dependent. Guys like dominos and striped usually live up to it, but ones like springers or azure usually aren’t too bad. Doesn’t mean there can’t be anomalies though.
more tame damsels are usually azure damsels, springer's damsels, talbot's damsels, rolland's damsels, and maybe the starcki damsel.

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pistol shrimp could improve what you get out of the Goby (although it is not necessary and only do it if there are spots for it to make a burrow). A tailspot blenny could be a great addition! They are packed full of character! And will eat algae as well as mysis and other prepared food. Clown gobies are also good, as well as Neon and Sharknose Gobies. Very cool fish.
BUT. Over all those fish I would suggest a Firefish. They are extremely easy to keep as long as you have a cover, and a place for them to hide. They NEED a place for them to hide/sleep in.
I have had a purple firefish for about 8-9 months, and he has been great! Very cool and pretty fish! The Red ones are just as nice and can be pretty cheap ($12-20) . I paid $40 for the Purple one.
Also a pair or trio of Zebra Barred Dartfish are a good choice if you want a shoaling fish. They are super peaceful, but need a place to seek refuge in. (They do better when there are more than one)

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much, had to google a lot of those fishes, Im new to the hobby, the beauty of saltwater fishes is outstanding.
Just loved cherub dwarf angel and coral beauty, I really think that my tank needs a blue fish and flasher wrasse caught as well, gonna search here in my country if I can find them for sale :D
saltwater fish are so beautiful. i have been learning about the sea all my life and they still take my breath away.

keep us posted on your stocking :)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i know. i can dream though! maybe i can upgrade one day :)
I hear ya! I’ve got the 13.5, and I’m always eyeing the 32...
I guess I’m lucky I don’t have any space for bigger at the moment...otherwise I would be spending a lot of money.

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya! I’ve got the 13.5, and I’m always eyeing the 32...
I guess I’m lucky I don’t have any space for bigger at the moment...otherwise I would be spending a lot of money.
been really tempted to do a 13.5 with one beautiful yet aggressive damsel or chromis but i'd rather spend my money on a 55g instead

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pistol shrimp could improve what you get out of the Goby (although it is not necessary and only do it if there are spots for it to make a burrow). A tailspot blenny could be a great addition! They are packed full of character! And will eat algae as well as mysis and other prepared food. Clown gobies are also good, as well as Neon and Sharknose Gobies. Very cool fish.
BUT. Over all those fish I would suggest a Firefish. They are extremely easy to keep as long as you have a cover, and a place for them to hide. They NEED a place for them to hide/sleep in.
I have had a purple firefish for about 8-9 months, and he has been great! Very cool and pretty fish! The Red ones are just as nice and can be pretty cheap ($12-20) . I paid $40 for the Purple one.
Also a pair or trio of Zebra Barred Dartfish are a good choice if you want a shoaling fish. They are super peaceful, but need a place to seek refuge in. (They do better when there are more than one)
Ow, firefish again :D
I'm really balanced, heard a lot of tha tailspot blenny too. Can I put together fridmani n firefish? And neon goby is really pretty, but too small I guess

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I cant get a pistol shrimp though, its prohibited in my country. Looking to the contradt of colors, I miss a blue one unfortunately :(
I do have a yellow watchman goby, an orange and a black clowfish..
Maybe a blue neon goby and a firefish, they can live together or my tank will be a fight cage with 3 gobys, firefish, ywg and a neon blue goby?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

I cant get a pistol shrimp though, its prohibited in my country. Looking to the contradt of colors, I miss a blue one unfortunately :(
Maybe a blue neon goby and a firefish, they can live together or my tank will be a fight cage with 3 gobys, firefish, ywg and a neon blue goby?
None are aggressive species and there is plenty of space. They are fine together.
By azure do u mean the kupang one or the full blue? The yellow tail isnt in that list then?
I believe the blue and yellow one. Yellowtail is rather peaceful but can have more of a mean streak than the others.

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

The Gobies should all get along. Watchman gobies are sometimes territorial only with their burrows. Firefish are incredibly peaceful, and you should be able to have one of each if you want. The Neon Gobies surprisingly do not hide very much despite their small size, and they are very peaceful. Gobies usually do not fight unless they are the same type and are both males. If they are different and have their own territory they will be fine.
As long as you have caves or places where Firefish can use as a burrow then you will be fine. For example I have a GIANT shell in my tank, and my Firefish uses that as his home.
But at the end of the day it is your decision and if you see something you love then do not hesitate to get it as long as it is suitable for the tank. :)
Hope all goes well

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None are aggressive species and there is plenty of space. They are fine together.

I believe the blue and yellow one. Yellowtail is rather peaceful but can have more of a mean streak than the others.
Ok, great, Im gonna check the prices.
My thoughts are to live with my pair of ocellaris and a ywg:
1. Fridmani and yellow tail
2. Firefish and tailspot
3. Firefish and fridmani
4. Aldabraensis and tailspot blenny
5. Neon blue goby and firefish
6. Royal gramma and blue neon goby
7. Royal gramma and tailspot blenny
8. Cherub dwarf angel

I guess lol

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, great, Im gonna check the prices.
My thoughts are to live with my pair of ocellaris and a ywg:
1. Fridmani and yellow tail
2. Firefish and tailspot
3. Firefish and fridmani
4. Aldabraensis and tailspot blenny
5. Neon blue goby and firefish
6. Royal gramma and blue neon goby
7. Royal gramma and tailspot blenny
8. Cherub dwarf angel

I guess lol
all solid options. maybe try some different shapes so one longer fish like a goby or dottyback and then a different shaped fish like a gramma or cherub angel

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can probably add something like a neon Goby regardless of the other fish you have since they do not really add much to Bioload, and other fish do not really pay attention to them. But it is up to you at the end of the day :)

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Gobies should all get along. Watchman gobies are sometimes territorial only with their burrows. Firefish are incredibly peaceful, and you should be able to have one of each if you want. The Neon Gobies surprisingly do not hide very much despite their small size, and they are very peaceful. Gobies usually do not fight unless they are the same type and are both males. If they are different and have their own territory they will be fine.
As long as you have caves or places where Firefish can use as a burrow then you will be fine. For example I have a GIANT shell in my tank, and my Firefish uses that as his home.
But at the end of the day it is your decision and if you see something you love then do not hesitate to get it as long as it is suitable for the tank. :)
Hope all goes well
Great! I think that my hardscape has a lot of caves, I wont have problem with that! Might go with the firefish though, he is almost in every suggestion and he adds a lot of style to my tank, really dont know about the second one now! Thanks

Back