OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can probably add something like a neon Goby regardless of the other fish you have since they do not really add much to Bioload, and other fish do not really pay attention to them. But it is up to you at the end of the day :)
Great, I already have 3 fishes, 2 ocellaris, 1 ywg, I was looking for more 2, but with that said, might go for 3 with neon blue included, even better that way

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, I already have 3 fishes, 2 ocellaris, 1 ywg, I was looking for more 2, but with that said, might go for 3 with neon blue included, even better that way
Assuming your filtration (bio and mechanical) and water changes are sufficient there shouldn’t be anything wrong with that, as long as you don’t have heavy waste producing fish as part of the 3 (which none of your plans seem too).

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinals are rather boring if you want movement. Unless they are killing each other. I think those sound fine. Good colors. I would recommend the indigo over the fridmani as far as aggression goes. FME

Perhaps a rather unconventional thought could be a couple Molly’s

tailspot blenny.... super cute personality

A pistol shrimp could improve what you get out of the Goby (although it is not necessary and only do it if there are spots for it to make a burrow). A tailspot blenny could be a great addition! They are packed full of character! And will eat algae as well as mysis and other prepared food. Clown gobies are also good, as well as Neon and Sharknose Gobies. Very cool fish.
BUT. Over all those fish I would suggest a Firefish. They are extremely easy to keep as long as you have a cover, and a place for them to hide. They NEED a place for them to hide/sleep in.
I have had a purple firefish for about 8-9 months, and he has been great! Very cool and pretty fish! The Red ones are just as nice and can be pretty cheap ($12-20) . I paid $40 for the Purple one.
Also a pair or trio of Zebra Barred Dartfish are a good choice if you want a shoaling fish. They are super peaceful, but need a place to seek refuge in. (They do better when there are more than one)

saltwater fish are so beautiful. i have been learning about the sea all my life and they still take my breath away.

keep us posted on your stocking :)

Assuming your filtration (bio and mechanical) and water changes are sufficient there shouldn’t be anything wrong with that, as long as you don’t have heavy waste producing fish as part of the 3 (which none of your plans seem too).
I think I'm decided. My tank will have:
2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

What do u guys think? Would u swap any of them?

And Im quoting u all to thank u for the help! Feel free to answer or not. Thanks :)

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

What do u guys think?

And Im quoting u all to thank u for the help! Feel free to answer or not. Thanks :)
sounds cool! you'll have lots of cool little fish darting through your rockwork. keep us updated as you get them :)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

Sounds like a perfect mix of colors and niches being filled!
Keep us posted!

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds cool! you'll have lots of cool little fish darting through your rockwork. keep us updated as you get them :)

Sounds like a perfect mix of colors and niches being filled!
Keep us posted!
Yeah, Im in love with the new idea. Really appreciate the help guys! It might take a while to buy them all, but as soon as I get them I will take a photo, post here and quote u! Thanks!!

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

Sounds great!! You should be able to add a Neon and maybe Yellowline Goby or Sharknose to the tank. Even if you get 2 males usually they just need a bit of their own territory, and you're tank looks fine (but just 1 cleaner Goby works just fine).
You're tank looks great! Simple aquascape, but I think it still looks phenomenal, and goes well with the corals you added. I would also recommend using Seachem Stressguard when acclimating fish. I think it really helps :)

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems like you already got it but blennies are 100% compatible with watchmen gobies.

a bi-color, orange stripe, or midas would've been fun too
+1 on this. I have a pair of clowns, a firefish, YWG, tailspot blenny, and a pink streaked wrasse in my tank. They all live in peace, even when I feed. Well.. the clowns try to eat my hands but that’s for another thread.

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great!! You should be able to add a Neon and maybe Yellowline Goby or Sharknose to the tank. Even if you get 2 males usually they just need a bit of their own territory, and you're tank looks fine (but just 1 cleaner Goby works just fine).
You're tank looks great! Simple aquascape, but I think it still looks phenomenal, and goes well with the corals you added. I would also recommend using Seachem Stressguard when acclimating fish. I think it really helps :)
Thanks for the tip! I have a national product, probably worse than stressguard, but it helps to deal with the stress.
And yess, I will with a sharknose goby or a blue neon, the cheapest, I guess, and at the end I will see if its possible to add one more or if it looks already crowded.. because Im also looking for to add a cleaner shrimp e a britle star! Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems like you already got it but blennies are 100% compatible with watchmen gobies.

a bi-color, orange stripe, or midas would've been fun too
Thats what keeps my decision in check.. I love that list, but I heard so much of blennys and their personality, mainly about the tailspot.. I dont know, maybe I will swap one later or add just 1 more fish

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, should be no problem together. Hopefully the clowns are not so established that they threaten more peaceful fish like blennies or firefish.
My clowns r really young, not even a couple yet, I think it wont be a problem. But I read one report of a bicolor harassing ywg... If I choose one blenny, I think it might be the tailspot one

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this. I have a pair of clowns, a firefish, YWG, tailspot blenny, and a pink streaked wrasse in my tank. They all live in peace, even when I feed. Well.. the clowns try to eat my hands but that’s for another thread.
What is the size of ur tank?
Thats a cool combination u have there, I would love to see tailspot in my tank though, how is he like in ur tank? I spend a really good time watching my ywg behavior, such a cool guy

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the size of ur tank?
Thats a cool combination u have there, I would love to see tailspot in my tank though, how is he like in ur tank? I spend a really good time watching my ywg behavior, such a cool guy
20gal, so I’m maxed out for my bioload IMO. But he is super cool, he likes to play hide and seek between all the rock work. It’s funny to see him swimming around since he mostly “walks” around the rocks. My YWG has a tiger pistol that he patrols with, so their personality is on another level too.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what keeps my decision in check.. I love that list, but I heard so much of blennys and their personality, mainly about the tailspot.. I dont know, maybe I will swap one later or add just 1 more fish
How many gallons is your tank?

2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

I'd add that fridmani LAST all dotty backs are aggressive.

I have a Neon Pseudochromis who's apparently the least "aggressive" dotty back, and he still chased my shrimp goby around for 2 days until he finally found my pistol shrimp.

If you have 40G or bigger there's still room.

You currently have

2 Osc
1 YWG

If you're set on adding

Firefish
Neon Blue Goby
and Fridmani

You could also add a

Blenny (basically any kind)

and potentially even have room for another species like dwarf angel or something.

I'd add the dwarf angel, blenny, firefish and goby together then 1 week later the dottyback (Fridmani)

or instead of a Dwarf grab a wrasse! they're fun! and most of them are utilitarian as well

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20gal, so I’m maxed out for my bioload IMO. But he is super cool, he likes to play hide and seek between all the rock work. It’s funny to see him swimming around since he mostly “walks” around the rocks. My YWG has a tiger pistol that he patrols with, so their personality is on another level too.
Really cool, dude!

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
How many gallons is your tank?

2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

I'd add that fridmani LAST all dotty backs are aggressive.

I have a Neon Pseudochromis who's apparently the least "aggressive" dotty back, and he still chased my shrimp goby around for 2 days until he finally found my pistol shrimp.

If you have 40G or bigger there's still room.

You currently have

2 Osc
1 YWG

If you're set on adding

Firefish
Neon Blue Goby
and Fridmani

You could also add a

Blenny (basically any kind)

and potentially even have room for another species like dwarf angel or something.

I'd add the dwarf angel, blenny, firefish and goby together then 1 week later the dottyback (Fridmani)

or instead of a Dwarf grab a wrasse! they're fun! and most of them are utilitarian as well
Yeah, Im almost set on that, I really would like to fulfill all those sections, like bottom, middle, rocks, top. An interesting environment to watch.
My only desire besides that list is a tailspot blenny, I guess, I heard too much about it.
What wrasse would include?
And do u think that Im still able to add fishes after fridmani or he must be the last one? I was not paying attention to the order of addition until now.
Im intending to add a cleaner shrimp too, but it would be after adding all fishes

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y

Yeah, Im almost set on that, I really would like to fulfill all those sections, like bottom, middle, rocks, top. An interesting environment to watch.
My only desire besides that list is a tailspot blenny, I guess, I heard too much about it.
What wrasse would include?
And do u think that Im still able to add fishes after fridmani or he must be the last one? I was not paying attention to the order of addition until now.
Im intending to add a cleaner shrimp too, but it would be after adding all fishes

what's your tank size? I never caught it anywhere if you said it earlier sorry.

Dotty backs will eat small shrimp. So add the shrimp first and try to get a big one.

Plus the shrimps also clean the fish! :) So why add it after the fishies?

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's your tank size? I never caught it anywhere if you said it earlier sorry.

Dotty backs will eat small shrimp. So add the shrimp first and try to get a big one.

Plus the shrimps also clean the fish! :) So why add it after the fishies?
I was going to add at the end because I heard they r more sensible and since my tank is pretty new, I was kind of afraid to add a shrimp now. But u have a point, at least before frid I will add a cleaner shrimp.
35 gallong tank :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back