Long spine Urchin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave3112
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
40
Location
Athens,AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in my sump from a tear down of another tank and I was wondering how many of you have them in your reefs and what kind of citizens they make.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
 
I wouldnt do it.

A local guy had one in hus 40 B an dit ate his My Miami Chalice.

$12 urchin vs. $500 chalice,which would you rather keep.
 
Yeah thats what I was thinking. It looks cool but not that cool. In the sump he shall stay for now. Maybe I can set up a softie tank sometime where he can roam free. Or maybe a Bangii rearing tank with only the Bangii and a few long spines.............................
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new