OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh that’s great. My friend bta always swims around. Close to power heads
Mine finally closed up for the the night end it up putting rocks around him hasn’t moved fingers crossed

image.jpg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put more rocks around him like a bariere with a hole duged in the sand bed where I placed him next to my rock I haven’t seen him closed up like this since I got him is it bad or good

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal, LTA's will do that, looks like a good barrier to help set

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very nice spot ! Wish mine would stay like that

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It stayed there all night .
i have noticed that my anemone losses color at night and when lights turn on he has no color and Gains is back during the day is that normal ?

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my research (and not my experience), LTAs like a lot of sand (e.g., 4+ inches). That's probably the only reason I won't be adding one to my tank.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I just get a 1 dollar topperware so I just add like 4 inches of sand and dig the anemone into it ?

You could, but if not happy it will float off to another area. You've received good info as far as an LTA liking a DSB as, when they settle, the base will be mostly in the substrate and often the only part you end up seeing is the tentacles, and when fed, or stressed, they sometimes completely submerge tentacles and all under the sand and come back out when they are relaxed and happy.

Cannot see your PH's. If something like an MP10 is utilized, install a sponge guard if it decides to float around the tank.

Keep us posted, please.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks will go get PVC pipe today put it in there in dig it up in the sand bed till I can only see it’s head. As I notice it like the center of the tank when I first came home
This is my power head and also I have a pump in there with hob filter

image.jpg

Last edited:

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really best is to just leave it alone for now, I would not dig up and place pvc, you're just disturbing it.
Yes ideally a dsb is best, but you got what you got, and it's going to shift around at least a little, it's almost for sure to not settle permanently in a tube of sand.
Absolutely leave it alone, don't even feed, at least a week, maybe 2

Only thing I might suggest is adding some sand to that area, hopefully it stays to that area, and even that I'd do slowly

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry did not see ur msg this will be my last attemp if it doesn’t stick I will leave it alone and sit where it goes as I found it up side down eating sand
I would have left it alone if I would have read ur msg
I when and bought a pvc pipe and duged in with the anemone on the sand covered it with sand but I doubt it will stick maybe turning down the flow ? Will help it settle it down ?

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he moves he moved I’ll just led him set where ever he pleases but hopefully he stays where he is and I will leave it alone I want him to get his color back and by moving him I may be stressing him
And just to say anemones are work
I hardly ever put my hands in my reef until I got him
I love it my clowns love it but it’s dedication and I do have it but i am afraid of killing it.
Also like I said will bringing down the flow help him establish I read of people turn in off their flow for days is it true
Also show me those lta pictures of yours

image.jpg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine just waking up...I corralle mine with Rocks and dug a big hole in the center and he stretches under the big rock....sorry about the blues...
20180603_072541.jpg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow how beautiful mine doesn’t loook as good as that :( , and he is in a pvc pipe hasn’t gone anywhere my Clarkis tooked all the sand out of the pvc .they won’t led me fill him up with sand but he is covered up like that with rocks around him.
He has not moved away from the pvc and stretches really long at night don’t know why
Also I don’t know if he has enough flow where he is. Is there any way i can show u guys a video of him getting flow ?
Also any signs of him stressed ?hes colors have not come back at all that much

382AE258-CFC4-4783-AC50-E620CCE20760.jpeg

Last edited:

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I know is to load on to you tube and then copy the link to here....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back