Looking for a wide reef tank. Help?

MrCoralLover

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Messages
29
Reaction score
4
Location
Princeton
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a wide fish tank, sorta lagoon like. Not too shallow but I think it being wide gives a more 3d look. Does anyone know of any tanks that fit this description, and brands?
 
Have you checked if you have any custom builders within driving distance of you?
 
Looking for something under $800 though
 
What about a cube? There are a few manufacturers who do cubes.
I can’t find any shallow cubes. The only thing I can find similar is a frag tank. Just can’t find them big enough. I found a 55g lowboy though. But it’s pretty cheap
 
It might be cheaper to buy something already built. Custom tanks are not cheap. What dimensions are you looking for?
 
Here is an idea from a custom builder Glasscages.com there are additional costs depending on what you choose
1728082103862.png
 
I’ve got a 3’x3’x2’ (135 gallon) made by SCA, it’s been on sale the past couple years for Black Friday. Or check out IM they have a 112 gallon that’s 3’x3’x20ish”
 
I have a 26 gallon UNS 75S (30 x 18 x 12") its $350. There are also some nice AIO lagoon aquariums from Reef Casa but those are on the smaller side. The cheapest option would probably be an Innovative Marine 25 gallon lagoon.
 
ReefCasa flat 10. Wide and shallow AIO. We'll built
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new