You don't have to buy another one Mical. Just read it twice. :cool:

But thanks. :)

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah... got to support the brother and his cause. Besides I plan to "Pay it Forward" and pass it on to another reefer. Lord knows (Sorry Rev) we can't have too many reefers on this God forsaken planet...

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again. Actually it's my wife's cause as she has the disease but I try to help.
All diseases are lousy and we all have our causes and I realize we can't donate to all of them. I just hope that someone cures something in our lifetime.

We have not cured any disease in many years, almost all medications are just there to help with the symptoms and unfortunately none of them actually cure anything.
Much of the medications make the patient feel worse.

My wife gets a lot of pain, but the medication that is for that makes her walk worse. And then the stuff that is supposed to make her walk better, gives her more pain. She also falls a lot. You just can't win.

Like a lot of diseases, it sucks.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, any little help I can give to help you & yours is an honor. A a former NY'er (Staten Island boy) anything positive out of the 5 "Bros" is a win in my book and you bring ALOT of positive. You bring ALOT of positive to R2R and the reefing community, hell I'ld buy 50 of your books from Amazon if they had them. I nearly p$%% my pants w/all your threads, but yet they're always informative. You my friend are a rare commodity and I'm glad you're here.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B
I just bought the last one per the listing on Amazon. If I wait until after the Holidays can I send it to you & get it signed.

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mical, Thank You very much. You made me feel all warm and tingly inside. It is my Honor Sir that you read my book. :)

@Paul B
I just bought the last one per the listing on Amazon. If I wait until after the Holidays can I send it to you & get it signed.

Dragon, I thought Amazon printed them as they sold them and didn't know they could run out. It's not like they sell so fast that they need to chop down the rain forests for the paper.

I would be honored to sign it. I will PM you my address. :D

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mical, Thank You very much. You made me feel all warm and tingly inside. It is my Honor Sir that you read my book. :)

Dragon, I thought Amazon printed them as they sold them and didn't know they could run out. It's not like they sell so fast that they need to chop down the rain forests for the paper.

I would be honored to sign it. I will PM you my address. :D
Thank You
All I saw was Last One, but you could get it for the Kindle if I remember right.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just mailed out my copy to you today for your autograph! When I get it back I plan to start a thread to show photos of autographed copies of Paul's book! No one steal my idea!

You could've saved the postage & forged his signature it's on post #108...lol Hopefully some scandalous postal worker doesn't steal it and sell it for million$

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called my book publisher (KDP from Amazon) because I couldn't figure out the royalties for the book so I can donate it to the MS Society. Their website is confusing.
I didn't know that they pay you 3 months after the books sell which is no problem I will put out the money myself as I want to give it to them this year.

(I think I only get about 7 bucks for each book, the rest goes to the publisher for printing, parties, and those show girls in Las Vegas who carry around the books to give away with drinks)

I am donating 100% of the profits and I will kick in another 75 or so % on top of that so I don't look to cheap. I also want them to find a cure for the thing.

We are not talking millions here, maybe $500.00.
I am waiting for the MS Society to call me back with the address to bring the check.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are laughing at my book!!!. It is a serious and austere "literature" piece well deserved to sit on your shelf in between the Bible and War and Peace. OK you can fit "Horton Hears a Who" in there also. :p

I am hoping to get a Pulitzer.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a copy and I enjoyed reading it. I will mail it, free overnight to anywhere in the USA to whomever makes the largest donation to the MS Society. I’ll start the bidding at $100.

I love the idea and the book and I’ll raise you to $120!

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all you fellow reef keepers! No, this is not Paul but is Dale, Paul B's wife.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and I know that Paul and I have been deeply touched by your wonderful reviews of his book and support in the fight against MS--A progressive auto immune disease which affects millions of us.

It has especially been a personal struggle for myself. I can't help but smile when I think of how Paul's personality and loving kindness has affected others as well as myself--something I've been accustomed to for over 45 years.

However, we have been touched with the thoughtfulness and generosity you fellow hobbyists have shown towards my personal struggle.

I will never forget the kindness and good will you have extended to us in this endeavor.

In this season of kindness and good will, you have brought us back to the true meaning of Christmas.

Thank you a million times and God Bless You and your families in 2020.

Mrs. Paul B (Dale)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all you fellow reef keepers! No, this is not Paul but is Dale, Paul B's wife.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and I know that Paul and I have been deeply touched by your wonderful reviews of his book and support in the fight against MS--A progressive auto immune disease which affects millions of us.

It has especially been a personal struggle for myself. I can't help but smile when I think of how Paul's personality and loving kindness has affected others as well as myself--something I've been accustomed to for over 45 years.

However, we have been touched with the thoughtfulness and generosity you fellow hobbyists have shown towards my personal struggle.

I will never forget the kindness and good will you have extended to us in this endeavor.

In this season of kindness and good will, you have brought us back to the true meaning of Christmas.

Thank you a million times and God Bless You and your families in 2020.

Mrs. Paul B (Dale)

Welcome, Dale!

My dad has MS in its late stages, so I can empathize with you. Thanks for sharing, and I wish you the best in 2020!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back