• BRS Fiji

• No base Live rock ONLY

Results are only viewable after voting.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard Marco rocks is good but I'm unable to get a response to email or phone s0 I'm now looking for other base rock and hoped R2R would have some suggestions and reasons for those suggestions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Marco Rocks. They came in with almost no damage and medium and large pieces just as I asked. Rocks look good and they are clean. I also went with some Marco Prime Cuts and those were very good also.

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd second on the reef saver or marco. Dry rock is ideal, especially if you are trying to start the tank pest free. There are a bunch of other man made options (RealReef, Tampa Bay Saltwater, etc. ) if you want to top things off with some life and seed the tank. Stay away from the dead dry rock if you can (Pukani, Fiji) as it will have a lot of dead matter on it, not to mention it is live rock ripped off the reef, and allowed to dry out on the boat in transit - probably one of the most destructive and un-sustainable practices in the hobby today. Also totally unnecessary with all the biological media we have today that is more porous, and cheaper to employ...

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd second on the reef saver or marco. Dry rock is ideal, especially if you are trying to start the tank pest free. There are a bunch of other man made options (RealReef, Tampa Bay Saltwater, etc. ) if you want to top things off with some life and seed the tank. Stay away from the dead dry rock if you can (Pukani, Fiji) as it will have a lot of dead matter on it, not to mention it is live rock ripped off the reef, and allowed to dry out on the boat in transit - probably one of the most destructive and un-sustainable practices in the hobby today. Also totally unnecessary with all the biological media we have today that is more porous, and cheaper to employ...

Agree..Pukani is like a sponge it will contain tons die off., i had an older piece of pukani that was cured and did not contain,any dead organics. So I used this rock in my aquacape. I grew algae on the overflow box before the reefsaver. Super clean out box

ReefNoobie88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used reefsaver from BRS. Amazing stuff, and even better when paired with some dead Fiji rock. Bleach bath removes enough of the organic matter when starting up a new tank that I️ wasn’t worried about it.
8938e8df842c6110c643d8d80ab4e8f8.jpg

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final Rockscape with 100+lbs of Marco and 15 of live Fiji rock from RockNReef. The live rock is great, plucked from ocean and overnight'ed to me and just dropped into tank and after one week life is growing. But, I'm keeping an eye on it just in case. :)
Tank cycle.jpeg

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my LFS and they setup a large Redsea Peninisula tank. The rockscape was fantastic and I asked them about it and they showed me the boxes the rock come in. They said they used no glue or epoxy. I personally think they should have a glued from a few points just for safety but it was impressive. I would honestly spend The money on this base rock had It been available when I set up my tank. fits together like a puzzle and comes with ideal shapes needed for caves and overhangs.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/shapes-liferock-dry-live-rock-caribsea.html

Gregorjw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with Arc dry base rock? Im starting up a new tank and i really like the idea of using rocks that are mined on land rather than from the sea

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back