Lord pricing...

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big lord propagator or collector so need some help on pricing this one. This thing is huge and I want to split it up as it has a big, old dead part in between the living parts.
What do you guys think the average per polyp price should be on a lord like this? Is it very rare or just so/so?

Thanks! :D

P8160053.jpg

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it Indo? If so, I have an indo colony like that, but I think yours is a little nicer. I still see people getting $4-$6 a polyp for indo acans....maybe more for yours...

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a nice piece but take into consideration Acan Lords are not as rare as before. The Australian Market is saturated with every basement coral shop on the net. Indos IMO can fetch $3-$6 a polyp and Ausie Acan Lords $7-$20 a polyp. Acans are not rare in the market especially Australians. I believe more Australians are imported than Indo lords. The Indoniesian countries governments still have a strongly enforced CITIES on Acans,Blasto, Cynarinas,and a few other LPS which really limit how many can be hacked out of the ocean unlike the Austalian Government.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that looks like a really nice piece, and when i'm buying something for my personal tank, it really doesnt matter where it comes from as long as it looks nice
if thats the actual color than id buy it no matter the cost

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lord

Yeah mbunaman, I agree. Its silly this whole aussie fad right now, because 3 years ago when lords first became popular my supplier was getting solid red and rare color morph lords all the time and I know for a fact that those weren't aussie. Now any coral that has a rarish color morph is called "aussie". What bs.

I know the Green Ice one is Indo, but it came in with a few other unusual lords at the time. I was just curious because the whole piece is over 5" and its hard to price things when they're that big.

Here's an indo lord I've had for about a year. Looks just like the "aussies" I've seen lately.

P8160028.jpg

Here some other Indo lords that I had a few years back, way before Aussie was opened up.

redgrnlordmacc.jpg

redlordmac.jpg

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I heard about from one of the wholesalers I deal with is that the collection site for the Australian Aussies is really close to Indonesia within a few hundred miles. The color morphing is all due to climate and conditions. If you notice most True Australians in the market ended up morphing into a different color moph when they are established in the homre aquarium. I have a few pieces of Austrlian Acan Lords that are starting to look like the Indo lords that were imported a few years back. And I am running 20k lights with actinic supplement. So I cant say the bulbs are to yellow or they are not getting enough light. Reefgoddess you got some nice Acans post more pics of your collection.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are REALLY SWEET!!! I agree I don't where they come from or what the name is if they look sweet like those do then I want them!!:D The green ones are neat because they have the typical pinwheel appearance but in green and grey not red and grey. I also like the second one as well. Very nice colonies!!

One of the things that has everyone buzzing about the aussie's is that they have just recently been allowed to harvest and export lps corals. And some of the morphs have some crazy rainbows of color. But they seem to fade while in home aquaria. Some are trying to give them alot more light than the indo morphs. The polyp structure is a little diff or I should say it inflates differently to me.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back