OP
J

jeep454

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: many of you were correct Dinos were definitely lower in numbers than before (in the beginning my substrate was blanketed) the glass was almost all Algae (discovered this as I was about to clean the tank... again.. and realized copepods were carving through the film on the glass like crazy. Understanding that only certain copepods will feed on certain Dinos I retested the film on the glass and almost no dinos. Dinos coming back very very slowly on substrate so slow that cleaning it up took only a couple minutes and another round of dosing Phyto, silicates, and Seed and having UV on at night should produce more algae and starve the rest of the dinos.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to turn your tank into a giant skimmer. Put a air pump and stone in it under a powerhead to mix the bubbles in the water . Then brush the dinos lose with a soft bottle brush . You can use a net to scoop them out. Then cover your tank for three days. It will not hurt your corals and your fish will be fine. I did the 3 day black out and have not seen any dinos in a month knock on wood. I had double 0's my ATS was lite for 12 hours so I turned it down to 8 and my phosphate are at .04 nitrates 5.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back