Lost gramma found, now what?

Angryminer_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. I thought my gramma jumped from my tank 9 months ago. My countless searches found nothing so I bought a new one who’s done great and is now full sized loving life.

I was cleaning my sump when I saw flashes of yellow in my over flow. I watched closely to see my lost gramma alive and well in the over flow!!!!! No idea how it’s still alive (guess I’m feeding too much)! Now I’m not sure what do to.

I have a 125gallon mixed reef with 2 clowns, gramma, flame angel, bristletooth tang, yellow tang, and powder brown.

Any chance it would make it with a full growth and established gramma already? Hate for it to continue life in an over flow and I don’t have a LFS to sell it to.

specwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. I thought my gramma jumped from my tank 9 months ago. My countless searches found nothing so I bought a new one who’s done great and is now full sized loving life.

I was cleaning my sump when I saw flashes of yellow in my over flow. I watched closely to see my lost gramma alive and well in the over flow!!!!! No idea how it’s still alive (guess I’m feeding too much)! Now I’m not sure what do to.

I have a 125gallon mixed reef with 2 clowns, gramma, flame angel, bristletooth tang, yellow tang, and powder brown.

Any chance it would make it with a full growth and established gramma already? Hate for it to continue life in an over flow and I don’t have a LFS to sell it to.
Do you have a small fish box so it can get acclimated by the others visually and vice versa? The introduction process is important.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think your tank is big enough for 2 without issues. I’m a believer that they all smell each other and they already know each other is in the tank.

Many people acclimate by placing new fish in the sump or refugium for a while then introduce to the main display.

@Lasse is highly successful with this process and it has worked for me as well.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a refugium in your sump, that might be a good place for it.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this case I would just lift him/her over just some minutes before the light comes out. It may work but grammas are normally very aggressive but it can work.

After 9 months in the same water - no more acclimatlon is needed - IMO

Sincerely Lasse

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back