Low nutrients

BJcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve never had this issue you before and idk how. I’ve always had good luck and have huge sps colonies. For whatever reason now they are very ***** spitting mucus because my po4 is at 0 and nitrates are at 1.0. My system has always been a low nutrient system but I feel like as these colonies are getting bigger they need more. Anyway what is the best way to higher my nutrients. Should I feed coral food everyday along with feeding the fish till I get my nutrients back up? Also I wanna keep my skimmer on instead of turning it off. I’ve had adverse effects from turning it off also. I notice my chaeto has been growing like crazy so I’m thinking that’s what used up the nutrients so I took my chaeto out.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use to test your P? If it was not a hannah ultra low, then you don't know if you are truly at zero and you probably are not. Even 1-3 ppb can have thriving SPS. Unless you are using GFO, LC or lots of organic carbon, then you are not likely at zero P, so I would look elsewhere for your issues.

OP
OP
BJcorals

BJcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the Red Sea. I’m forsure it’s the phosphates. All my sps is mad and I even can see the tips on my fox flame upset. I guess that’s what I get chasing numbers

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A simple way to know if you have any nutrients is “ is there alge growing?” If you get it on the glass and rocks then your good .
And adding a fish or two will help .

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back