LPS/SPS mixed species?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
8,365
Reaction score
25,182
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this coral that was sold as a monti/cyphastrea mixed species. It’s an encrusting type obviously. The polyps resemble more of a monti and less of cyphastrea. Wondering if this is true and if anyone has heard of this. A “grafted monti cyphastrea” seems far-fetched to me.
7FF143AA-4F7F-4F20-8843-A8B08B8EDCB1.jpeg
 
Seems far fetched to me as well Scott.
 
Anyone think this could be a neon astreopora? The polyps don’t seem to pop out like you’d normally see but I just got this and it might still be acclimating.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new