Mag float question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mmsetta
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mmsetta

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2013
Messages
338
Reaction score
10
Location
Cleveland, ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly question. I always see people leave their mag floats in their tanks (i.e. Stuck on the side with half in and half out.) Any reason for this? I always take mine out when I'm done cleaning my glass.
 
I leave it in bc I'm lazy. lol I do like having it there so I can clean regularly without having to look for it.
 
Haha it is mostly laziness or not knowing that it should be removed. I used to leave mine in until I have read that it can deteriorate when left in the tank. Also friends like to mess with it when I show them the tank. I now remove it until I do a water change. I only use it right before a wc now.
 
Yeah, definitely laziness lol. I worked hard to make sure I had little to no visible equipment in my DT so I remove it until I need it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new