Magnum/Phosphate reactor?

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha ha yes I know..... Magnum. Well being from the old school I have a ton of them from years past (12 to be exact) 220s and 350s... I was wondering if there is a phosphate media that I could run in one from time to time (or all the time I guess)

I run carbon in one to polish off the water and a chemipure from time to time when I'm out of carbon. Is this a bad practice? I keep a mixed tank with fish softies, LPS and SPS and a clam.

Mainly inteested in some sort of pad or something other than the red/orange powders...they seem to be too fine for the magnums.

Thanks

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the RowaPhos come int something other than that fine powder? Is there one that is more granular like carbon? Yeah I had my doubts on the pads. I use RO/DI so its mainly to prevent anything from sneaking through. I'll keep looking. Thanks mang.

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excalante!!!!!! I think I have a winner!!!! I can get my CA and Alk stuff from them also!!! Thanks J.!!!!

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They carry good stuff (mostly whatever the experts in the Reef Chemistry forum at RC recommend). You may want to grab some kalk and magnesium while you're at it.

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 question tho as I have never used this stuff or any phos remover. How do you know when it is spent? Is there a general rule for lifespan of the removing properties?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back