Manganese supplement for Goniopora?

https://www.triton.de/en/

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
will it also deplete rapidly if you run Purit?

I don't know if that binds it. I personally would not use something claiming to bind metals unless I had a metals problem as reefs need metals.

Organism uptake is the big issue. A few grams of added macroalgae mass deplete the entire tank.

Lazys Coral House

neyes_ice

View Badges
Reaction score
I don't know if that binds it. I personally would not use something claiming to bind metals unless I had a metals problem as reefs need metals.

Organism uptake is the big issue. A few grams of added macroalgae mass deplete the entire tank.
I am running purit because of elevated aluminum.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Why is Manganese so expensive?
I certainly am not a chemist like Randy who has more degrees than a thermometer, but I do have an old fish tank. Twice a year I dump in half a box of Epsom Salt into my 125 gallon tank.

(that was actually Randy's idea)

The whole thing. It dissolves instantly and costs about $2.00 a year maybe 3

My corals are growing up the walls and my tank is very old. The only problem is that Epsom salt comes in a box with maybe a picture of feet on it and if you buy it from an LFS it will come with a beautiful picture of a Queen Angelfish on it and cost 1,000 times more for the same exact stuff.

The stuff you buy in CVS is for human consumption so it is probably purer than the stuff in an LFS which may be mixed up in the back room by Otis the town drunk.

DxMarinefish

View Badges
Reaction score
I certainly am not a chemist like Randy who has more degrees than a thermometer, but I do have an old fish tank. Twice a year I dump in half a box of Epsom Salt into my 125 gallon tank.

(that was actually Randy's idea)

The whole thing. It dissolves instantly and costs about $2.00 a year maybe 3

My corals are growing up the walls and my tank is very old. The only problem is that Epsom salt comes in a box with maybe a picture of feet on it and if you buy it from an LFS it will come with a beautiful picture of a Queen Angelfish on it and cost 1,000 times more for the same exact stuff.

The stuff you buy in CVS is for human consumption so it is probably purer than the stuff in an LFS which may be mixed up in the back room by Otis the town drunk.
Fantastic, thanks I’ll definitely have a go.
Eyes open.

CORAL MANIA Live Event!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
I have seen these on amazon US, but can't get the powdered ones in the UK. At least not the ones I feel i can trust.

I assume they must be "gluconate" and not anything else.

No, it does not need to be gluconate. :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
The only ones I can find are in tablet form.
Any good?

Depends on the other ingredients. I did that for iron dosing with my recommendation of Fergon tablets.

Tommy's Phyto
https://www.triton.de/en/

Are you currently housing your most favorite fish ever?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 119 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 219 63.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue