MarvinsReef Zoanthid Dominated Reef...

Need to get you some rock :).
I have some more LR that's just sitting in a bucket... probably won't be alive by the time I get a chance to re-aquascape... :hammer:

That thing looks empty compared to what it was.....Were you robbed by the Zoa patrol?
:)

just got rid of a lot of stuff... it's kinda weird not seeing the tank packed with stuff... I'm really excited to start over though... :D

next stop ---->>> paired Helfrich's firefish from Choice Aquarium... :)
 
hehe tank looks a bit empty, marv!..lol....i'd be all excited too...i love filling my tank with cool stuff ;)

Zach
 
Looks like u got rid of a lot! Sometimes less is more. Glad to see the move went well.
 
hehe tank looks a bit empty, marv!..lol....i'd be all excited too...i love filling my tank with cool stuff ;)

Zach
too bad I won't be adding too much stuff any time soon... I'm grounding myself! :hammer:


Looks like u got rid of a lot! Sometimes less is more. Glad to see the move went well.
it was a bit nerve-racking coz during the move, the water in the bags and buckets reached close to 50 degrees... yikes!!! and I stirred up the old sand bed pretty well.. I was very nervous that it leaked some bad stuff in the water.. I also had to use about 3-5 gallons of tap water coz I didn't have enough water to fill the tank so that was something to worry about also...

currently, I think my tank is going through a small cycling again but nothing to really worry about... my plan of correction is 20% water changes every 7-10 days in the next month or two... all in all, the move was alright with only 2 frags of casualty (both are Darth Maul frags so no more Darth Maul for me... :( )
 
Still looks PURDY! Have fun restocking!
 
some more shots... :)

remaining Aussie colony
12-09-07_Aussie1.jpg


monster Yuma
12-09-07_Yuma.jpg


Frag bed...
coralz_2.jpg


coralz_1.jpg
 
Wow
That Yuma is beautiful.
Thanks... I've had that Yuma for almost two years now... :)

Looks like that mummy chalice is ready to be cut. ;)
it was growing pretty well but receded during the move.. one side is showing all skeleton but I think the recession stopped and it's making a comeback... hope it grows as well as before... :)
 
I love that scoly! :D
 
hey marv, how does that chalice i sent you look now? mine is just starting to color up and get a blue'ish rim. it still looks "toothish", but its definiltely growing.
 
hey marv, how does that chalice i sent you look now? mine is just starting to color up and get a blue'ish rim. it still looks "toothish", but its definiltely growing.

doing good... it has grown a bit.. almost encrusted the plug... getting better coloration as well... I'll get a pic of it next week.. :)
 
here's the new aquascaping.. it only took me 2 hours.. :hammer:

FTS_12-18-07b.jpg


FTS_12-18-07a.jpg



I still have a few more tweaking to do... as you can see, there was a semi cycle that's why there's a bunch of hair algae on the overflow box.. I just bought some more snails so I'm hoping they'll help with the algae... I also plan on doing bi weekly water changes in the next few months... :)


also I was able to purchase another one of these guys for a really really good price... still hiding but I'm looking forward to seeing some "flashing"!

11-07-06_Carpenters2.jpg
 
that looks really good! i really like what you did there with the aquascaping.

is this still with the 250w light?

now all you need is a nice clam to put right in the middle, and 2 or 3 easy to keep sps to fill up the top middle area. ;)

btw....talking about chalices again....what does it mean if a chalice looks "toothy"? does it mean its not getting enough flow?
 
Marvin I love it bro! Spot on if you ask me!
 
that looks really good! i really like what you did there with the aquascaping.

is this still with the 250w light?

now all you need is a nice clam to put right in the middle, and 2 or 3 easy to keep sps to fill up the top middle area. ;)

btw....talking about chalices again....what does it mean if a chalice looks "toothy"? does it mean its not getting enough flow?

Thanks Al.. :)

I'm looking forward too seeing the rocks color up w/ coraline and at the same time, looking forward to seeing the zoas cover some rock work... :)

yes, I'm still using just a single 250w ME SE w/ 15k XM's... I'll be ordering another 20k Radium if I don't end up getting an exchange of the other one...

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "toothy".. maybe you can take a pic from the side and top down and post a ? on the LPS section... I know we have some guys that know they're echinos very well... :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 50.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new