Maxspect Razor question

Primalphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a silly question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. What is the difference between a Maxspect Razor X R5 200W and the Razor RSX R5 200? Are they the same light with different names or does the RSX and X signify something different? Pricing seems to be the same as well so I can't piece it together between the stats and other items. Links on the 2 different ones I've found below from BRS and marinedepot for examples.

I have an opportunity through a friend to get the RSX at a lower cost than listed online but wanted to be sure I wasn't getting the wrong light somehow. Would be buying for a Red Sea reefer 250 running mostly LPS and softies for now but possibly some SPS in the future.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it's the same fixture. If you are really concerned, ask Maxspect. They have a forum here at R2R:

I think Marine Depot has it wrong, given they can't even get the brand name spelled correctly. ;Hilarious

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you go and check on maxspect website they have RSX, but nothing about X. probably the way it is written RS/X is misleading. I am 99% certain it is the same thing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back