OP
OP
M

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking setup. I really like the aquascape. I'm assuming that you skipped the curing part?

CJ

Nah, cured for over 6 months though I am still getting some pest algae :) It nearly took a year from delivery to what you see here. I just sort of slapped the pics up so its sort of low tech time lapse ;)

OP
OP
M

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few newer pics:
Warhead Lobo, one of my ATFs
IMG_4818.jpg

Acan land, gonna take a while to grow in but hopefully it will be solid lords in a year or two.
IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

And yeah, admittedly, its looking pretty cluttered in short order. I definitely want to move more stuff up onto the rockwork and take a few things out but I am still figuring out what looks/does the best in there.

The Flames:
IMG_4858.jpg

OP
OP
M

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the Glasscages quality, the tank is fine...but not a masterpiece. Arrived a little later than promised but was correct as far as the design we came up with. No major issues, no leaks or chips or anything. The silicone was sloppy on the front panel and needed some trimming. You'd think they'd get at least that one side of the tank right, eh? They charged for black silicone and yet inexplicably used the clear on the lower bracing which was just a disappointment more than anything. Their customer service is "crochety". As long as you aren't looking for corporate flowery talk and lots of "yessirs" and niceties, it fine. But I can understand why folks get turned off, their CS can definitely be interpreted as rude. I'd say its a C+ job....passing but not special. Until you factor in the price that is. When you figure that a similar design tank from anyone else is going to run you 2-3x as much, then it makes sense if you are trying to reef on the (relatively) cheap.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank - you sure have a lot of color packed into a very small space

OP
OP
M

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good, are you not afraid of the wrasses jumping out?

Thanks all! Nikesb thats a really valid question... I actually have a screen top I use on it when I am not photographing it :) . I've had to rescue the clows from the overflow section several times despite the small gap between the top of the overflow cover and the screen too!!

nikesb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! Nikesb thats a really valid question... I actually have a screen top I use on it when I am not photographing it :) . I've had to rescue the clows from the overflow section several times despite the small gap between the top of the overflow cover and the screen too!!

LOL! i deal with the same thing every other week! i may have to remove the top when i shoot as well.

OP
OP
M

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! i deal with the same thing every other week! i may have to remove the top when i shoot as well.
I also turn off the returns....I have the water level dialed to about 1/2" below the top edge when its running. I just have to figure out a system for remembering to turn it back on after I take pics :( Couple times I have left it off and come back to the tank a few hours later at 68 degrees. Good thing its an LPS tank.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it I'm a sucker for black sand though, and of course nice corals

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back