Mentors?

Drneil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wonder after my first post yesterday. Would anybody like to be an online mentor?

Would be looking for someone that can help steer me away from mistakes, help when/if problems do arise.

But mainly someone who has made mistakes but utimately ended up with success with a similar setup that can help with coral placement and watch my tank progress over the years.

Tank is 3.5ft 60 gallon, interested in LPS and growing from frags(know this will be a long road), with a few SPS to fill the top.

Would be helpful to see tank pictures:)

20191116_132644.jpg

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!! Think you'll find lots of people here mentoring you on your journey. I've received and read advice from countless folks. From experienced reefers on the how-to's to fellow beginners to keep me encouraged to vendors on equipment. There are so many different paths to success in this hobby and tanks can take so many different directions having the entire community here at your disposal will be a big help.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I agree with all, their are many resources here and fellow reefers on this site that will help. If you have any questions or concerns that come up all you have to do is type #reefsquad and we will be alerted and will be more than happy to help.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Whether or not you find a single mentor, I think that you will find that the entire R2R forum and R2R community has a lot to offer and you will learn an amazing amount if you choose to engage. We're glad you're here!

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all my fellow members and Reef Squad'ers above. You will fun so many people here on R2R that are eager to help you. Why? Because years ago when we were new to this hobby people helped us.... We all pay it forward :)

OP
OP
Drneil

Drneil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replys. I will use the community on this forum as suggested and I'm sure everyone will guide me to success. It's already been extremely useful.

So much info and so many rights ways to do things I thought a mentor with a personal touch would help. Didnt want to detract from all the great help from everyone on the forum.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As far as I'm concerned, I consider many of our oustanding members as personal mentors (whether they know it or not). The only issue I could see in having a single mentor is that as you mature as a reefer, you're going to want go your own way and not emulate any one person. What works for one person may not be right for everyone. Just a thought. Awesome looking tank by the way.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the crew! We have so many veterans on this forum and just as many people new to the hobby who wish to share what they have learned. You never have to worry about being without help. We want you to succeed. You will also find that many experienced people on this forum reach out for help and advice. That is what we do for each other and that is why this forum is such a success. I'm glad you joined us!
Creature hi.gif

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!!

Personally, i would be happy to help you however you need. I live in Idaho, i started with a 29 gallon tank, moved to a 75 gallon and now have a 125 gallon display, 55 gallon sump, and 40b frag tank. I have run sumpless tanks with all hob equipment, used every type of lighting (mh, led, t5, all kinds of hybrids), tried growing (key note there is tried, I've lost a lot over the beginning years) most types of corals, I've done refugiums, algae turf scrubbers, biopellets, vinegar dosing, you name it and I'm sure I've tried it... Except for expensive things haha. Heres a full tank shot of my 125, i have a bunch of frags which are hard to see when taking a pic of a 6ft long tank and am getting a huge order of wild corals in just a few days too. I check the forums several times a day and wouldn't be against texting in the future either :)

Let me know if i can ever help at all! I should mention i have been keeping saltwater for about 5 years now with a reef for 4 years.

20191107_130401.jpg 20191107_130352.jpg 20191107_130412.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back