Mindstream

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's where you relayed info that didn't pan out.

10/12
I am told they are now producing units again but they have a back log from the delay. Also the amount ordered before and after Macna was a lot more than they expected.

10/15
I was basically told that they are shipping them as fast as they can make and test them and that they have gotten past all the major orders that came in before July and are quickly moving through most of the July orders which he stated was a huge amount. I was told that there is basically an exponential drop in orders after initial release month of July and therefore they should be able to quickly dispatch orders that were made after July.

10/24
I had a nice chat with them today and was told the same news that the product issues have been fixed but they just cannot make enough of them in a single day due to production restraints with the equipment they have. With that said I was also told just like OLDREEFER44 that they will hopefully be making a very positive announcement by possibly next week. I guess we can all assume that they are going to announce that they have gotten in and finished setting up the new production units.

As for timetable, I was told once again that the July orders are massive and that the Aug and Sept orders are a small fraction of what was ordered in July. They are making a significant dent in the July orders but not enough to make it noticeable on this forum.

10/26
LOL I was told two weeks ago that they were already processing July orders. That gives you an idea of how many people must have been waiting for the release and probably purchased it the minute the webpage had the link up.

11/06
I just wanted to let you folks know that I did get through to MS today and had a very nice talk with Jim, the co founder of MindStream.

Now one of the positive things that I can say is that they now have the ability to significantly scale up production and I mean really significantly. If it goes as planned I would expect that once they get things going it will clear off most of the back orders in just a few weeks.

11/10
My understanding is that they thought they might get a couple of hundred orders but instead got thousands within a single day.
You honestly believe they had millions of dollars worth of sales in a day?

11/15
I have had some dialog with them during this blackout period so I am a bit more fortunate than most as I do know that they are trying really hard to solve some major issues with disk production. I am very hopeful that a positive announcement will be made soon.

11/15
They can’t tell you because they have no idea when the automated disk making system will be complete. They are literally making it from scratch and it involves robotic arms, optical readers and a battery of tests that need to be done by a simulation machine. My understanding is that all the parts have been put together and they are now busy writing software to drive it and software to do all the tests and create calibration data for each disk it produces.

11/15
I just got an email for one of their techs telling me that they will be back in contact with the community on either Tuesday or Wednesday with some news. He sounded very upbeat but said he could not tell me what it is all about.

11/19
The Kickstarter orders were done in a private order window a few weeks before the general public could order. I was told that those went out a long time ago. From what I gathered, almost 80% of the public orders came in on July 1st. They got through a chunk of those before things had to be changed.

I've lost interest in reading more old posts, I didn't realize it was so many. It seems like the message they give you is more often incorrect than not, no fault of the messenger.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your agenda here?
---SNIP--
You have only commented on Mindstream. Anyone that wants to check this out can easily look in the profile

Yep that's the funny part, he has 38 and now probably 39 posts as I am typing this and 36 of them are in this thread blasting MS with all sorts of theories on how it was all a Con Job and the other two are in other MS threads also making accusations.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Second, how do you know that no cc companies have lost money? We do know that multiple purchasers have gotten their money back from their cc card companies. Do you really think that all of those cc companies had better luck talking to MS reps than we have? From what I've been reading, their vm's at MS are full!

As for agenda, my agenda is that I am angry that any company would have the gall to treat people this way (ZERO communication) after shelling out a grand! I buy things on line all the time--including big-ticket items, and I have NEVER seen anything like this.

So angry that you opened an account here - and have posted multiple posts on only this topic? How is your tank doing? I have no reason to doubt you - and I am not doubting what you're saying.

I already answered all of your questions above - YES I do. lol. American Express has a lot bigger pockets to go after these things than I do - including legal methods (if they think its worthwhile)

But - in any case - everyone gets your angry - do you think the others that have spend money and have not gotten a product are 'happy'? I am definitely not.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's where you relayed info that didn't pan out.

10/12

10/15

10/24

10/26

11/06

11/10

11/15

11/15

11/15

11/19

I've lost interest in reading more old posts, I didn't realize it was so many. It seems like the message they give you is more often incorrect than not, no fault of the messenger.
I cant defend all of these - but I will say that up until about 2 weeks ago - I got similar responses. I guess - I will ask you as well - what is your agenda - protector of everyone on Reef2Reef or do you enjoy relishing in another persons possible mistake?

As the participant in what is supposed to be a 'friendly site' - I find your comments here unfriendly. I haven't reported them - because - you can say whatever you want - but I'm calling you out publicly - what are you trying to gain here?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quote from you: "What I said and what I meant is that as of yet no one that I have heard of has 'lost money'. Including the credit card companies - as SAI is not bankrupt."

You didnt respond to my questions: You just joined this site a short time ago - many of your posts seem to relate to Mindstream. Why? Its not a common product - Where did you first hear about it? What was the due diligence you did before tossing your money to them? I mean - for example - as a beginning reefer - the last thing I would be thinking about buying would be a mindstream. Forgive me for calling you out - but - most new members post pictures of their tanks, etc etc - You have only commented on Mindstream. Anyone that wants to check this out can easily look in the profile

U

User1

View Badges
I cant defend all of these - but I will say that up until about 2 weeks ago - I got similar responses. I guess - I will ask you as well - what is your agenda - protector of everyone on Reef2Reef or do you enjoy relishing in another persons possible mistake?

As the participant in what is supposed to be a 'friendly site' - I find your comments here unfriendly. I haven't reported them - because - you can say whatever you want - but I'm calling you out publicly - what are you trying to gain here?

He is friendly and no hidden agenda. No different than anyone posting here. Defending those that fronted a company a thousand bucks and not getting anything in return. The thread is what it is and there is a lot of information across all known testing platforms. I think sometimes things get a bit more direct but no ill will as you put the possible mistake.

Again - this all goes away if someone from the company posted an update on their thread, or sub forum, or even FB. Return a call, email, etc. All in all as I've said - hobbyist will wait for what they feel is right. No solution is better. Probes, disc, reagents. New tech, old tech, and number of tests. Ironically we will all come back in a year or so and say wow - you know, I really don't need 10,000,000 samples a day. My tank ran perfectly fine with 1 a month.

I'm a bit biased because I'm using a trident. But when ATI's ICP tests come back matching it doesn't look so bad after all.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He is friendly and no hidden agenda. No different than anyone posting here. Defending those that fronted a company a thousand bucks and not getting anything in return. The thread is what it is and there is a lot of information across all known testing platforms. I think sometimes things get a bit more direct but no ill will as you put the possible mistake.

Again - this all goes away if someone from the company posted an update on their thread, or sub forum, or even FB. Return a call, email, etc. All in all as I've said - hobbyist will wait for what they feel is right. No solution is better. Probes, disc, reagents. New tech, old tech, and number of tests. Ironically we will all come back in a year or so and say wow - you know, I really don't need 10,000,000 samples a day. My tank ran perfectly fine with 1 a month.

I'm a bit biased because I'm using a trident. But when ATI's ICP tests come back matching it doesn't look so bad after all.

Realize that I also fronted $1000. LOL. As I'm sure you're aware - ICP tests cant test alkalinity. One might as well use a hobby test.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
robbyg said:

I am told they are now producing units again but they have a back log from the delay. Also the amount ordered before and after Macna was a lot more than they expected.
And how is this false? They did get more orders than expected at Macna and a lot more than expected on July 1st. Do you have some proof to the contrary? If so please present it.

10/15

robbyg said:

I was basically told that they are shipping them as fast as they can make and test them and that they have gotten past all the major orders that came in before July and are quickly moving through most of the July orders which he stated was a huge amount. I was told that there is basically an exponential drop in orders after initial release month of July and therefore they should be able to quickly dispatch orders that were made after July.
10/24

Absolutely True once again. They were making them as fast as they could by hand and that is when they abandoned the idea and tried to make the switch to automation.
And once again if you have any evidence that can prove they did not get a huge amount of orders in July please show us.

robbyg said:

I had a nice chat with them today and was told the same news that the product issues have been fixed but they just cannot make enough of them in a single day due to production restraints with the equipment they have. With that said I was also told just like OLDREEFER44 that they will hopefully be making a very positive announcement by possibly next week. I guess we can all assume that they are going to announce that they have gotten in and finished setting up the new production units.

As for timetable, I was told once again that the July orders are massive and that the Aug and Sept orders are a small fraction of what was ordered in July. They are making a significant dent in the July orders but not enough to make it noticeable on this forum.

Once again any proof this is not accurate info on the orders? I also stated already that their announcements are the only thing that was sketchy. The staff members typically said to me their should be or maybe an announced made. I did say in the post that They will hopefully be making a positive announcement. I would hope you read the "Hopefully" part.

10/26

robbyg said:

LOL I was told two weeks ago that they were already processing July orders. That gives you an idea of how many people must have been waiting for the release and probably purchased it the minute the webpage had the link up.
11/06

Same thing again. Do you have any proof that this is not true?
robbyg said:

I just wanted to let you folks know that I did get through to MS today and had a very nice talk with Jim, the co founder of MindStream.

Now one of the positive things that I can say is that they now have the ability to significantly scale up production and I mean really significantly. If it goes as planned I would expect that once they get things going it will clear off most of the back orders in just a few weeks.
11/10

And how many other people have already confirmed that they were indeed putting in a robotic construction line. Do you have any proof to the contrary?
robbyg said:

My understanding is that they thought they might get a couple of hundred orders but instead got thousands within a single day.
11/15

Why do you think that is impossible when they have been promoting the product for three years and then suddenly open up an order page. You must have thought it was a good investment if you purchased one! So why don't you believe a couple of thousand other reefers had the same idea?
robbyg said:

I have had some dialog with them during this blackout period so I am a bit more fortunate than most as I do know that they are trying really hard to solve some major issues with disk production. I am very hopeful that a positive announcement will be made soon.
11/15

Announcement post again, your stretching it now...
robbyg said:

They can’t tell you because they have no idea when the automated disk making system will be complete. They are literally making it from scratch and it involves robotic arms, optical readers and a battery of tests that need to be done by a simulation machine. My understanding is that all the parts have been put together and they are now busy writing software to drive it and software to do all the tests and create calibration data for each disk it produces.
11/15

Once again most people heard about the robotic system so whats your point?
Do you think industrial robots come pre packaged ready to make mindstream disks?
robbyg said:

I just got an email for one of their techs telling me that they will be back in contact with the community on either Tuesday or Wednesday with some news. He sounded very upbeat but said he could not tell me what it is all about.
11/19

Announcement again..
robbyg said:

The Kickstarter orders were done in a private order window a few weeks before the general public could order. I was told that those went out a long time ago. From what I gathered, almost 80% of the public orders came in on July 1st. They got through a chunk of those before things had to be changed.
Once again the same statement in another post.

You should lose interest because you could find nothing and just kept repeating my posts on three topics.

1) July 1st was when they got in the bulk of their orders and it was a huge amount.

Please show us something to say this is wrong.

2) They made disks as fast as they could by hand but then bought a robotic automation system.

Several got this same info. If you have some proof this is wrong then please state it.

3) All of the Announcements they hoped to make.

I already said this was the only thing that was sketchy as they always had a problem with communication from day one.

What a waste of time post to respond to

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would also like to know what @Silver14SS agenda is. There is no ordering page to protect people from so he must be here just to make other people feel miserable.

The mods should just lock this thread because I am beginning to think that another agenda is to just keep this at the top of the General Aquarium Section. There is nothing new being said here so whats the point of it staying open.

U

User1

View Badges
Realize that I also fronted $1000. LOL. As I'm sure you're aware - ICP tests cant test alkalinity. One might as well use a hobby test.

ATI's test for Carbonate hardness. Oddly enough on that water sample day I also took my Hanna checker.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all the posts say they're making them, shipping them, and getting caught up, yet by all accounts nobody is getting them, that would make the posts true or false?

Common sense tells me a niche product with a company that appears to be failing did not receive a multi million $ cash infusion and not be able to even afford a temp to answer the phone. Aside from an unnamed source telling you they sold thousands upon thousands, you are taking a companies word for it when they've demonstrated a history of not being accurate with their communication?

Yep that's the funny part, he has 38 and now probably 39 posts as I am typing this and 36 of them are in this thread blasting MS with all sorts of theories on how it was all a Con Job and the other two are in other MS threads also making accusations.

What % of your posts are defending MS or bashing Neptune? People post about the things they are interested in.

I would also like to know what @Silver14SS agenda is. There is no ordering page to protect people from so he must be here just to make other people feel miserable.

The mods should just lock this thread because I am beginning to think that another agenda is to just keep this at the top of the General Aquarium Section. There is nothing new being said here so whats the point of it staying open.

My agenda is to engage in discussion about an interesting product. I find it odd that detractors must have a nefarious agenda but those defending the product are ok. It's two sides of the same coin. I hope anyone who fronted them the money gets it back if SAI goes under, a credit card company investigating a disputed charge and temporarily crediting an account is not the same as refunding a customers money. I truly hope nobody, including credit card companies, get screwed in this deal.

Hopefully anyone getting into business in this industry can avoid this kind of rollout with future products.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Con job" is possibly the appropriate terminology given the fact that Silver just debunked a plethora of different statements that MS told you as fact, and which you later relayed to us. People need to understand that Ponzi schemes don't always start with mal-intent. Often the schemers really believe they can deliver the returns. But, even after it becomes obvious that they can't deliver, they continue to take in new money to pay for previously promised cash outflows, all in the hope that they will eventually catch up and finally be able to deliver. How this has all transpired truly makes me wonder if MS was paying people back for requested refunds with new money coming in until that cash source finally went dry. I'll tell you this much.... my "theories" and "accusations" are certainly a lot more logical and plausible than anything MS apparently told you (or me). How do we know this? Because, as Silver pointed out eloquently, MS clearly fed you--and all of us, a bunch of BS. Whereas the scenarios that I am proposing happen all the time in small business. Read about Enzyte supplement/CEO Steve Warshak (was featured on CNBC American Greed). Read about a small company that my friend recently invested in which trades as TEUM on the NASDAQ. That company promised huge sales and growth of server-related software, and now the stock is trading at .43 (yes, under a dollar) and has hundreds of class-action suits gearing up against it for posting apparently falsely optimistic financial statements.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Con job" is possibly the appropriate terminology given the fact that Silver just debunked a plethora of different statements that MS told you as fact, and which you later relayed to us. People need to understand that Ponzi schemes don't always start with mal-intent. Often the schemers really believe they can deliver the returns. But, even after it becomes obvious that they can't deliver, they continue to take in new money to pay for previously promised cash outflows, all in the hope that they will eventually catch up and finally be able to deliver. How this has all transpired truly makes me wonder if MS was paying people back for requested refunds with new money coming in until that cash source finally went dry. I'll tell you this much.... my "theories" and "accusations" are certainly a lot more logical and plausible than anything MS apparently told you (or me). How do we know this? Because, as Silver pointed out eloquently, MS clearly fed you--and all of us, a bunch of crap. Whereas the scenarios that I am proposing happen all the time in small business. Read about Enzyte supplement/CEO Steve Warshak (was featured on CNBC American Greed). Read about a small company that my friend recently invested in which trades as TEUM on the NASDAQ. That company promised huge sales and growth of server-related software, and now the stock is trading at .43 (yes, under a dollar) and has hundreds of class-action suits gearing up against it for posting apparently falsely optimistic financial statements.

All of the stuff he posted I already replied to and it's all pretty much the same three things that he cannot disprove. I really hope they recover and take you to court for calling them a Ponzi scheme. I think from the day you joined this forum your intent was to inflict as much damage as possible on this company. Nothing you have ever posted on this forum is provable and yet you keep on spouting off like it is true

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0B377320-07F7-46DE-A81F-488FEBF9DDCA.jpeg

Just to interject a little humor and a possible cease fire.....if any of you happen to get this Mindstream 2.0 Sharkbait Red Edition...Beta Version, I was your secret santa Point at the tank and click for readings,

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all the posts say they're making them, shipping them, and getting caught up, yet by all accounts nobody is getting them, that would make the posts true or false?

Common sense tells me a niche product with a company that appears to be failing did not receive a multi million $ cash infusion and not be able to even afford a temp to answer the phone. Aside from an unnamed source telling you they sold thousands upon thousands, you are taking a companies word for it when they've demonstrated a history of not being accurate with their communication?

You just finished making one long butt winded post about my information being lies. I have asked you for proof and now your deflecting by telling us to believe in your common sense theories ;Yawn Excuse me if I would rather take the word of an employee who in September had nothing to worry about rather than believe in your personal Common sense theory that is biased by your disgruntled feelings towards the company

What % of your posts are defending MS or bashing Neptune? People post about the things they are interested in.

Gee you spent so much time looking at my posts and you don't know;)

My agenda is to engage in discussion about an interesting product. I find it odd that detractors must have a nefarious agenda but those defending the product are ok. It's two sides of the same coin. I hope anyone who fronted them the money gets it back if SAI goes under, a credit card company investigating a disputed charge and temporarily crediting an account is not the same as refunding a customers money. I truly hope nobody, including credit card companies, get screwed in this deal.

Hopefully anyone getting into business in this industry can avoid this kind of rollout with future products.

Oh that's what your up to! It's refreshing to see somebody so interested in saving people from closed order pages and on top of that trying to save credit card companies from incurring debt.:rolleyes:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Erm, you realize trident is based off of a peristaltic pump and several solenoids. Right?
Right. of course - why would you think differently? I meant - rather than pay the amount needed to upgrade to GHL - I would get a trident. Come on - you're better than this

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. of course - why would you think differently? I meant - rather than pay the amount needed to upgrade to GHL - I would get a trident. Come on - you're better than this

You were talking about the unreliability of peristaltic pumps while explaining why you would get a trident.

The trident has a peristaltic pump.

I found that confusing, no worries :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is an interesting little 'aside' while everyone waits for the real answer about 'whats up'. Right? But - I find it extremely odd for this site. Which is supposed to be 'friendly'. Are the people on both sides being 'friendly'? I can read my posts - I think they are. The rest seem like making a mountain of a molehill - when they have no 'dog in the fight'. Unless - they really do have a dog in the fight but its 'hidden'. Now - before someone calls me paranoid for saying that. If one looks at other threads - the only reason people post - is if they have potential interest in a product - or a critique of the product.

@Silver14SS @TheHarold @kzp - rather than repeating the same old stuff over and over - maybe it would be best for the site and the reefing community to just stop - and wait. There will be plenty of time to say 'I told you so If/when' the product is released or not. I continue to be amazed that people are debating something that neither side has any information to provide

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back