Missing Wrasse

Levib.Lenhart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
On Friday I added a female yellowfin fairy wrasse. All this weekend she was out and social, however this morning she is nowhere to be found. Not visible in the tank, overflow, sump, or floor around the tank. Is she most likely just tucked in the rockwork somewhere? However I do have dogs, so if she did jump in the middle of the night she most likely got eaten.
CFA87724-DC19-44A9-BF3F-F4E563B8089C.jpeg

Garets92553

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exact Same thing for me got a leopard active two days then haven’t seen for 3 weeks. I have cats for if it jumped I’ll never know.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopard likely not jump but in the sand, but the flasher and fairy most likely jumped out. Screen top, completely cover the tank and covered overflow box prior to adding wrasse is a must or else you just buy expensive non eatable fish jerky.
I cannot count the numbers of time my wrasse hit the screen in a week. I had harems of Leopard wrasse for years with no lost due to jumping. My tank have open top until I start to keep Flasher and fairy.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a flasher wrasse that gets lazy and sleeps in. I'll panic because he will miss breakfast and I won't see him all day, but then he's right there for dinner at night.

I wouldn't panic yet.

+1 on the screen top suggestion. If they can jump out, they eventually will.

pancholt1z28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you didn't already know, wrasses are jumpers. If you don't have a screen to keep fish from jumping out, it's very likely that it did jump out and one of your dogs ended up taking it.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, do you have a lid on the tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back