Mixed clowns

KeepAFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost a black ocellaris clownfish that was paired. I bought them both from a big box store and one was always healthy and the other always struggled.

I have a 125g 6’ tank and I would like to introduce some more clowns.

Will she be able to bond new introductions?
Can I add 3-5 new clowns?
Will she bond with traditional orange ocellaris?

image.jpg

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost a black ocellaris clownfish that was paired. I bought them both from a big box store and one was always healthy and the other always struggled.

I have a 125g 6’ tank and I would like to introduce some more clowns.

Will she be able to bond new introductions?
Can I add 3-5 new clowns?
Will she bond with traditional orange ocellaris?

image.jpg
I would say that u should stick with only 1 pair, as u know that female clownfish r very aggressive. U may face aggression issues. Though,some people keeps 2 pairs in 120 g, I would say stick with 1 pair as it will be a big risk.

As u said, u hv one clownfish which i think may hv turned to female till now. It will be a great hardwork to find her a good mate. Sometimes a female rejects male so, If you have a breeding box u can put the larger fish in breeder box for 1 week or divide you can divide your tank in half using egg tray method

U should add a smaller clownfish so that as clownfish r male in beginning .Some aggression will be okay but if u see any injuries like broken fins or swollen eye, it's time to take action

OP
OP
KeepAFish

KeepAFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that u should stick with only 1 pair, as u know that female clownfish r very aggressive. U may face aggression issues. Though,some people keeps 2 pairs in 120 g, I would say stick with 1 pair as it will be a big risk.

As u said, u hv one clownfish which i think may hv turned to female till now. It will be a great hardwork to find her a good mate. Sometimes a female rejects male so, If you have a breeding box u can put the larger fish in breeder box for 1 week or divide you can divide your tank in half using egg tray method

U should add a smaller clownfish so that as clownfish r male in beginning .Some aggression will be okay but if u see any injuries like broken fins or swollen eye, it's time to take action

Thank you

blakemc91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a black clown to my 30 gallon and my orange that was in there (noticeably bigger) paired with the black in under an hour. Maybe I got lucky but they are stuck to each other side by side swimming in tandem.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a mixed pair. No problem. I breed mixed pair before.Here are pictures of my WC Onyx Percula female and a Black Smowflake male. I think they will start to spawn soon. The female certainly looking like she will with her large stomach.
C5E0BA54-6855-4C15-9EAF-FEAAE557CCCC.jpeg
4EBFB505-A757-468F-92B1-71FEF7736B30.jpeg
A5D95A87-D5F4-47AF-85C6-BB8AA18B50C8.jpeg
D9605C5C-B197-432B-A1C1-0E55552AAAEA.jpeg

Back