nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like mojano to me but want to make sure as it is next to a ricordea Yuma , can anyone help ID here are the best photos I could get it is very small right now

A2D170A5-2CC7-4B10-BFAA-E20AFB43E6B4.jpeg DD86E7A9-D0B8-4CEE-9039-BADB06076A0D.jpeg DAD1B01F-CED9-424B-BFD6-135010005F72.jpeg F231D301-46F8-490E-BFBA-FF24F9EB4359.jpeg 07CDB8B1-2034-4DE6-B47A-0776FA8DAEED.jpeg

OP
OP
nycfreshreef

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby Yuma . Looks like you have a bubble algae problem as well.
Thanks , yes it’s right next to a Yuma … and yes I have been prolonging the use of fluo or vibrant as I’m worried about my corals suffering (everything looks amazing right now) attempted to starve it out first and seeing some die off, if that won’t work then I will dose something …. Right now I’m low nutrients and low silicates ,,, emerald crabs in DT but won’t touch it

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks , yes it’s right next to a Yuma … and yes I have been prolonging the use of fluo or vibrant as I’m worried about my corals suffering (everything looks amazing right now) attempted to starve it out first and seeing some die off, if that won’t work then I will dose something …. Right now I’m low nutrients and low silicates ,,, emerald crabs in DT but won’t touch it
I found that my emerald crabs wouldn't touch it either so I stopped feeding frozen food for a while so that the emerald crabs would only have algae to eat. I dont know if you feed frozen but this is just what helped me.

OP
OP
nycfreshreef

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that my emerald crabs wouldn't touch it either so I stopped feeding frozen food for a while so that the emerald crabs would only have algae to eat. I dont know if you feed frozen but this is just what helped me.
Thanks , yes I feed frozen (my emerald crabs are weird , they have been eating All the little round white worms around the tank, spirobid or spiroid or whatever the called, they also are a few vermatids I had in the tank and a few pineapple sponges) but so far no bubble algae lol

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I have a few bubble algae that hitched on a frag. I am dosing Reef Flux (flucanazole ) at 4 times the recommended dosage to kill the bubble algae. I am at day 18 of treatment. No water changes. Bubble algae is turning white and dying. Nothing in my tank is bothered by it. This stuff really works!

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pitho crabs are really good at eating bubble algae. And in my experience, they are way, way better than emerald crabs. They are peaceful, and happen to look pretty cool as well!

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pitho crabs are really good at eating bubble algae. And in my experience, they are way, way better than emerald crabs. They are peaceful, and happen to look pretty cool as well!

I had a few Pitho crabs in my cart from Reefcleaners but was all gone by the time I checked out. If you see them get them quick!

OP
OP
nycfreshreef

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few bubble algae that hitched on a frag. I am dosing Reef Flux (flucanazole ) at 4 times the recommended dosage to kill the bubble algae. I am at day 18 of treatment. No water changes. Bubble algae is turning white and dying. Nothing in my tank is bothered by it. This stuff really works!
Thanks for this , gives me confidence to
Try it finally (I already bought it) think im
Gna try it after the next water change

OP
OP
nycfreshreef

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was contemplating getting them instead of the emeralds but you know reef cleaners “our emerald crabs are guaranteed to eat bubble algae or your money back” made me feel more confident in getting emeralds … the very first day I put them in the tank 1
Of them are a few bubbles off my OG bounce … it went straight to it ! But so far they haven’t shown any interest in bubble algae after several weeks … have not bothered any other corals that I know of either besides the OG bounce on the first day … I am either gna dose fluo or ditch the emeralds and try pithos next to get rid of these nasty bubbles lol

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing has happened to
Me on their website more than once with other things

Sign up for the restock alerts. They have been really helpful in the past. I’m pretty sure they restock the website on Fridays, and you can get a restock notification for the website or for an individual creature (like pitho crabs) if they are out of stock but now available!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back