Monti

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been doing great since starting last year. Starting to dabble in easier sps. Since starting the tank went all LPS as it was my first.

Have a superman monti that is growing well. Just picked up this monti yesterday. What I'm unsure of is of it is plating or encrusting. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Guessing it is plating judging by the shape?

Thanks
4e863fb77907cb9615c6c8586c42f258.jpg

Billy Aguillard II

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been doing great since starting last year. Starting to dabble in easier sps. Since starting the tank went all LPS as it was my first.

Have a superman monti that is growing well. Just picked up this monti yesterday. What I'm unsure of is of it is plating or encrusting. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Guessing it is plating judging by the shape?

Thanks
4e863fb77907cb9615c6c8586c42f258.jpg

Looks more like Jedi mind trick

OP
OP
Bayareareefer18

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
superman is known for encrusting...The one you have pictured to me looks like a jedi mind trick which encrusts and plate. Either way very nice corals. I have both of the ones I listed and they produce great color!
Thanks for the reply. My superman was almost all red when I got it. Since it is morphing back to the blue skin with red polyps which I like much better.
That’s a good spot, nice monti.
Thanks man. $10 at California reef in Fremont
Looks more like Jedi mind trick
Thanks. Was thinking JMT as well. Was $10 so grabbed it didn't really matter to me what it was but thought I kinda recognized it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back