Move frogspawn or not?

giganojonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm pretty new to the hobby, and had a question about moving my frogspawn. The frogspawn I got was a tad larger than I expected, and I'm worried that it might try to sting (or be stinged) the duncans and torch nearby. It's been doing great until now, but should I move them to account for growth further down the road? The only place it can go would be into the corner bottom left behind the rock. Any advice would be appreciated!

frogspawn.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm pretty new to the hobby, and had a question about moving my frogspawn. The frogspawn I got was a tad larger than I expected, and I'm worried that it might try to sting (or be stinged) the duncans and torch nearby. It's been doing great until now, but should I move them to account for growth further down the road? The only place it can go would be into the corner bottom left behind the rock. Any advice would be appreciated!

frogspawn.jpg
In my opinion, if you move the frogspawn down onto the sand, move the clam and plate away from the torch it should be fine there.
OR, if you have the materials you could drag it and keep the mother colony then trade in frags to the LFS (Unless that’s a walking frogspawn?)

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn, torches and Duncans are all euphyllia. It's my understanding that they tolerate each other pretty well. I don't think they'll react if they touch.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn, torches and Duncans are all euphyllia. It's my understanding that they tolerate each other pretty well. I don't think they'll react if they touch.
Torches are the most aggressive euphilia and can’t be kept near other euphilia corals.

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a big beauty. Maybe consider fragging it up so you can keep a smaller one where it is and scatter frags throughout the tank Or trade for new corals.

OP
OP
G

giganojonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, if you move the frogspawn down onto the sand, move the clam and plate away from the torch it should be fine there.
OR, if you have the materials you could drag it and keep the mother colony then trade in frags to the LFS (Unless that’s a walking frogspawn?)

Unfortunately, it is a wall frogspawn and cannot be fragged. I also have other plans for the sand, so I would prefer not to put it there. I think I'll try moving it to the back corner.

I would also appreciate any suggestions to what I can put there instead if I end up moving it. It is right under the led and has low to moderate flow. Perhaps a smaller frogspawn? XD

Back