Moving a tank across town.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BoB_25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BoB_25

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
48
Reaction score
20
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything a person should do to break down a tank and set it back up from one house to another?

i.e. new sand, help keep live stock alive and what not?

The move will be about 5 miles.

V/R
 
You should be fine with just bagging everything, placing in basic coolers for transport. 5 miles is nothing, as long as everything stays wet you should be fine. Maybe get a bottle of bacteria to boost up your population afterwards, you'll likely lose at least some in the process.
 
I suggest just new sand as in live sand.
Rocks you can keep in a trash can for a few hours.
Use 50% of your water and 50% new mixed water.
You might go through a small cycle for a few days but that's it.
Do you have a lot of corals and fish?
 
No corals....2 clowns roughly ten years old. It's something myself and another guy bought for our office 10 years ago when I was reefing and we work together he wants out of it and called me up and asked if I wanted it....its just I have been out of the hobby for sometime. Been lurking on here and planning a larger tank with fish room as I finish my basement....this tank is a 14 biocube.

I figured new sand, scrub rocks and all new saltwater.

Why would you go 50/50 on the saltwater?
 
Aged water will help you with the fish transfer.
As long there are no corals this transfer will be a lot easier.
Just remember you don't want to clean your rock too much as this will be your lifesaver as far your bacterial population.
Just swish them in a bucket a few times and your good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new