MP10 Placement

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so now that I have two MP10WQD's I'm wondering where I should place them and what flow pattern.
The yellow marks where they are located now and the red where I think I should put them.
The one on the left side is near the front of the tank. The one on the right side is towards the back.
I have them both on Mobius so I'm open to any flow schedules too.

Innovative marine 50 lagoon AIO.

Thank you

20201102_193314.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont like the yellow set up because the one pump will blow detritus and other junk away from your overflow. Other than that one spot I think any of the other spots are fine

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont like the yellow set up because the one pump will blow detritus and other junk away from your overflow. Other than that one spot I think any of the other spots are fine

I didn't even think of that. I think I might place them right in the middle. Across from each other.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you place them directly Center to cross from each other you will get a standing wave affect this means if one pump set 40 in the others Setv60 than 60/40 is where the water collides and puts a wave downwards if you can try to fluctuate this from 60/40 to 60/30 30 /60:and so on you'll get this standing wave to the cycle back and forth across your tank completely cleaning it out and keeping dinos out

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you place them directly Center to cross from each other you will get a standing wave affect this means if one pump set 40 in the others Setv60 than 60/40 is where the water collides and puts a wave downwards if you can try to fluctuate this from 60/40 to 60/30 30 /60:and so on you'll get this standing wave to the cycle back and forth across your tank completely cleaning it out and keeping dinos out

I don't mean to sound stupid but what? Lol I sorta understand what you're saying but sorta don't.

So, place them across from each other and dial them until the water swings back and forth?
What mode should they be on for this?

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I could give you would be get some RO tubing and a camera, watch this video and experiment with different positions playing back the results from the video you just took of your tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back