Mp40’s Red Sea Reefer 350 Help

Discussion in 'EcoTech Marine' started by Ndc21, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Ndc21

Ndc21 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to the hobby and the one thing I have been dealing the most with is water flow as it never seemed to be enough and to me all the stuff I read just confuses me even more. To solve the problem I decided to get two MP40s and supplement them with my prior current USA power head. I have the smallest version of the current USA pump and running it around 80-100 percent all day and the return is dead center of the tank.

I installed the 2 MP40s in my tank yesterday. I now have 2 current USA power heads on each side towards back and bottom of the tank and 2 MP40s in the center left upper portion of each side of the tank. I also have the Neptune wireless expansion as well. My lights go on from 3pm to midnight. My questions are as follows:

1) How high should I have the pumps? Yesterday at almost 50-60 percent when I first installed them the MP40s were knocking all my torches and a few other corals down, so what would be a recommended power output?

2) I programes the following (picture below of my programming) based on the sample program when you first install the power head for both power heads. Should I make different programs for each pump or would it be recommendable to use the anti-sync figure, right now the programming is identical given +- couple of minutes and percentage of power.

3) Are there any really good sample programs out there which I can upload and use?

4) any recommendations on how to fine tune the programming? Things I should look for? Modes fish and coral prefer to have for a longer time?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!! [​IMG]

Tags:

Draft saved Draft deleted