Multiple dwarf angels in one tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hearing this information makes me want to attempt one at some point, maybe once I upgrade my nano (Always had a passion for dwarf angels and this is one of the few I’ve never attempted).

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While all fish are my favourite fish, there's no denying that angels are beautiful and highly personable -- an unbeatable combination and an upgrade from beautiful fish that are shy or are skittish (translation: tangs). I used to think my multicolor was fairly drab, but its colours have deepened and become much more rich as it's aged, and its torso looks variably cream or a creamy yellow depending on the lighting spectrum. With its electric-blue trim and black highlights, it's a spectacular fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While all fish are my favourite fish, there's no denying that angels are beautiful and highly personable -- an unbeatable combination and an upgrade from beautiful fish that are shy or are skittish (translation: tangs). I used to think my multicolor was fairly drab, but its colours have deepened and become much more rich as it's aged, and its torso looks variably cream or a creamy yellow depending on the lighting spectrum. With its electric-blue trim and black highlights, it's a spectacular fish.
Totally, although I wouldn’t say tangs are skittish or shy and are instead aggressive and nasty (Aimed towards the larger species outside of Ctenochaetus).

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hearing this information makes me want to attempt one at some point, maybe once I upgrade my nano (Always had a passion for dwarf angels and this is one of the few I’ve never attempted).
Two seems to be the magic number that will cohabitate. Regular angels + dwarf angels are fine - it's just anything more than 2 dwarfs seems to be the sticking point.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull the trigger when you can man, it's a beautiful fish and not very available at least here in Mexico it is, I'm sure that in other countries it is found more often, just consider that it is the cheap version of Centropyge nahackyi :) .

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull the trigger when you can man, it's a beautiful fish and not very available at least here in Mexico it is, I'm sure that in other countries it is found more often, just consider that it is the cheap version of Centropyge nahackyi :) .
I have seen them quite often but of course with relatively high price tags, they are beautiful and do seem worth it though!

Has anyone got photos of theirs?

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was very darty this morning

4872CD8F-56DC-48A9-9EA0-2F0D7C378994.jpeg 3977FBF7-0D4A-4418-AD2D-991AC59C7925.jpeg 32519182-4236-4F01-8B04-C3F17D07AC82.jpeg

Last edited:

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two seems to be the magic number that will cohabitate. Regular angels + dwarf angels are fine - it's just anything more than 2 dwarfs seems to be the sticking point.

I've been doing okay with 5 for about a year and a half now. Would like to try adding a multi color but haven't worked up the spirit to try yet. I'll probably just leave it alone since it seems to be working okay.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried two coral beauties in a 125 gallon tank. one is bigger than the other and it was not good. first day it wasn't so bad then the second the smaller one was being beatup pretty good. thats when I removed the smaller on threw it in qt and let it heal. then Ionce healed i put it in the sump along with other smaller fish. i hardly ever feed it. since theres guppies in the sump. my fish mate like crazy and the fry find there way to the sump. so its free food for the cb.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been doing okay with 5 for about a year and a half now. Would like to try adding a multi color but haven't worked up the spirit to try yet. I'll probably just leave it alone since it seems to be working okay.

5 is impressive!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is a beautiful tank and also is that a confirmed pair of African Flame Back Angels?

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 is impressive!
I'm sure it's mostly luck.

That is a beautiful tank and also is that a confirmed pair of African Flame Back Angels?
Thanks! I'm pretty sure they're African Flame Back Angels but no idea how paired up they are. Sometimes they swim together, sometimes the bigger one chases the smaller one and they usually just seem to go about their business separately. They weren't purchased as a pair at least.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@chema How’s your Multibar doing is it eating everything? I would love to know your total fish list currently. By the way how long have you had your Blue Line and how big is it now?

Do you think the Blueface will grow too big for a 125?
Hi zionas. Sorry for this tardy response. I have been away from the forum for aome days.
The multibar is doing fine but not growing a lot. I got a small goldflake almost by the same time, and both fishes have been sharing the tank. They feed aggresively on small grain, although their favourite foods are artemia and the angel’s cubes from Ocean nutrition.
My current list, appart from these two angels in the observation tank, is the following:
- Pygoplites diacanthus
- Genicanthus bellus female
- Chaetodontoplus septentrionalis
- Centropyge aurantia
- Centropyge loricula
- Centropyge bispinosa (2)
- Centropyge ferrugata
- Zebrasoma xanthurum
- Ctenochaetus strigosus
- Synchiropus splendidus (2)
The blue line has been in the tank for 2-3 years. It is now like 12-14 cm long.
I also had a blue face that was bigger (18 cm). It was very peaceful for its size. You may keep it in a 125 g.
Here you have a couple of videos

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great. Please send the links to the videos I don’t think I have them yet. So the Goldflake I want to see what it looks like and by the way does it eat pellets?
I sent the post from the IPhone and I think that for some reason the vids files were not attached. I’ ll try again later
from the computer.
The goldflake eats some pellets which is what I feed in the morning. However I give them 4-6 times a day canned brine shrimp and angel’s formula. This last they love it. I think it is because of the sponges it contains.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back