My 32 Solana

gillundr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sort of been a lurker here on R2R, and haven't posted a ton, I thought I would put up a few pics of my tank and make it official. Last November my 120 started leaking and I had to unload 90% of my livestock quickly. I considered just getting out of the hobby for a little while since life was busy and it seemed like a good exit point anyways, but a few friends badgered me into staying in.
A local club member was upgrading at the time so had his 32 gallon Solana up for sale. He ran it with a sump and all that but in the interest of keeping this as a simple sort of cross over I kept the sump out of the equation. I plan on going with a deep dimension take in the near future but we are going to be doing a remodel on the house so I figured I would work the tank into the remodel so am just using the solana, along with another little 12 gallon nano in my daughter's room to keep my hands wet and let me play a bit.
The tank is pretty simple. I have an MP40, and an MP10 for flow along with my return pump. I'm using an Aqua C Remora HOB skimmer. I have a Current Outer Orbit Fixture that powers 1x150 watt 14k Phoenix, and 4x24 watt T5s which I run a some actinics in. I use Chem Pure Elite which I change every 6 to 8 weeks or so. I run filter floss in the first chamber to hep reduce the waterfall sound plus it helps polish the water. I also run a carbon pad after the skimmer (Deep Blue). I change the floss every few days depending on how it looks and feeding. The carbon pad I change when I'm in the mood lol. Not often I enough I suppose.
I dose ESV B-Ionic. that's it. I WC weekly to every couple of weeks depending on life. I like to do it weekly but sometimes it doesn't happen. I have slacked lately, but the corals I think have enjoyed the extra nutrients and have been growing pretty fast. I wouldn't suggest to slack, I'm just blabbing. I changed bulbs a little while ago and ended up really bleaching all my corals pretty significantly. I thought my old bulbs were still pretty new so I didn't set the timers back and things got white lol. Things are coming back though some better than others.
Plans for the tank still include a controller, dosing pumps for my 2 part since I'm doing that manually, and an ATO. That's about it. I figure those things will go on a bigger tank when I upgrade anyways so it won't be a waste of money. This is really just to get me through a little while. I have had to take a few corals out lately because of growth. I tried to just keep frags of my favorite stuff in my 120. Some of the corals I had to let go all together and didn't keep frags, but friends have pieces of those I can get back someday I suppose.
Enough with the talk. Time to try to post a few pics.
I'm not a photographer. I used a simple digital camera and set the white balance to auto. I don't have LEDs so these were taken under my normal lights.

Tubs Pink Jade
PinkJade.jpg

My killer Favia. This used to be bigger till I cut it up and spread it out a bit. I almost lost it as well when out of town once but found enough tissue to mount to a disc and get it growing again. It is doing really well. I haven't seen another one look this nice anywhere. It is close to a Prism Favia, but it's not. I got it from a shop a long time ago and at the time it was a gamble because it looked like nothing but had potential. It is awesome and waiting for a cool name I guess in my opinion.
RGsFavia.jpg

My Red Setosa
Setosa.jpg

Battle Corals Shades of Fall
Shades2.jpg

Battle Corals Green Gremlin Turaki
GreenTurakiBattleCorals.jpg

ATL Cherry Blossom. Still coming back from a bleaching incident.
ATLCherryBlossom2.jpg

Mias Pot of Gold
PotOGold.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake acro, Appleberry, Setosa
SetosaAppleBerryStrawberry.jpg

Ultimates Red WM
UltimatesWatermelonFrag.jpg

Ultimate Fruit Loops
UltimateFruitLoopsFrag.jpg

A couple FTS

FTSout.jpg

FTS1.jpg

Things are still a little bleached but stuff is coming back pretty nicely and things are growing well.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That favia is just ridiculous, I want!

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the look of that favia. Tank is looking great and hopefully things continue to recover well from the bleaching incident.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks very nice and that favia is to KILL for! LOL!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lookin' tank! You got you some beautiful coral there!!

ctxmonitor

My Reef Creation
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are correct, that is a crazy looking favia.. haven't seen that many color in a favia like that yet..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back