HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably lympho.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/

It could be an infection but looks more like lympho to me.

Have you tried feeding higher quality frozen foods and supplementing with vitamins like vitachem or selcon?

Very common to show up during copper as copper is an immunosuppressant.

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably lympho.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/

It could be an infection but looks more like lympho to me.

Have you tried feeding higher quality frozen foods and supplementing with vitamins like vitachem or selcon?

Very common to show up during copper as copper is an immunosuppressant.
Thanks @HotRocks for the quick reply. Currently feeding him PE mysis dried pellets soaked with selecon and garlic Xtreme. I do have some frozen mysis. Need to pick up vitachem. Should I stay the course with QT process? Moving him to another tank in 4 days and letting the virus go away by itself?

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @HotRocks for the quick reply. Currently feeding him PE mysis dried pellets soaked with selecon and garlic Xtreme. I do have some frozen mysis. Need to pick up vitachem. Should I stay the course with QT process? Moving him to another tank in 4 days and letting the virus go away by itself?
Yes I would stay on track. It usually will reside pretty quickly once out of copper.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way for me to prevent the virus from entering the DT? Should I wait until the nodules fall off before I transfer it?

Not that I am aware of. It's a virus that remains, but won't usually show itself once the fish is good and healthy if that makes sense.

I have seen it on several fish in QT, yet it's never come back once the fish are established in the DT.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm through 30 days of chloroquine phosphate and 20 days of gc+focus soaked food (white stringy poop was seen) with 2 clowns. Should I dose 2 rounds of GC? I don't have parizpro currently. I need to leave the CP in, correct? Is 2 rounds of GC or prazipro practical/desirable with this method earlier in the QT period?

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm through 30 days of chloroquine phosphate and 20 days of gc+focus soaked food (white stringy poop was seen) with 2 clowns. Should I dose 2 rounds of GC? I don't have parizpro currently. I need to leave the CP in, correct? Is 2 rounds of GC or prazipro practical/desirable with this method earlier in the QT period?
You should be good to remove CP.

You actually need to soak food with GC + focus to take care of the intestinal parasite issue.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be good to remove CP.

You actually need to soak food with GC + focus to take care of the intestinal parasite issue.
Thanks for the response! Yes, I have been feeding for 20 days with GC+focus, the issue seems to have cleared up. I wasn't asking about the treatment of the internal parasites, but best practice generally.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response! Yes, I have been feeding for 20 days with GC+focus, the issue seems to have cleared up. I wasn't asking about the treatment of the internal parasites, but best practice generally.
I see I misread that. Yes after CP is removed. Two rounds of GC in the water 5-7 days apart with a 25% WC just before the second dose.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see I misread that. Yes after CP is removed. Two rounds of GC in the water 5-7 days apart with a 25% WC just before the second dose.
Ty sir. Do we know how CP works? If it functions similar to copper am I potentially risking re-exposing the fish to ich once I remove the CP from the water?

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks I am about to QT a yellow wrasse and a diamond tail wrasse. My LFS has them in 1.025 water and I always feel those are less prone to disease. Do you think I can wait a few days without copper to observe and see if I can just use TTM? I’m just afraid of using copper power with the wrasses (all my other fish did fine through it though). Anyways thanks for your help

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks I am about to QT a yellow wrasse and a diamond tail wrasse. My LFS has them in 1.025 water and I always feel those are less prone to disease. Do you think I can wait a few days without copper to observe and see if I can just use TTM? I’m just afraid of using copper power with the wrasses (all my other fish did fine through it though). Anyways thanks for your help
I still use copper power at 1.75ppm on all wrasses. They are too risky. While they seem less disease prone due to the thick slime coat, they can carry parasites in the gills while being asymptomatic to then infect your DT population.

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still use copper power at 1.75ppm on all wrasses. They are too risky. While they seem less disease prone due to the thick slime coat, they can carry parasites in the gills while being asymptomatic to then infect your DT population.
Thanks! Any reason you wait 7 days (if no velvet signs) for FW dip?

PGT253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This process should work fine for you.

Recently I have done things a bit different. Acclimating fish directly into 1.5ppm copper power and ramping the rest of the way to 1.75ppm the next day (further reducing the overall time they spend in copper). I just want to repeat this with as many batches/fish as possible before updating my thread to be sure people have good info that works.

Also been dosing metro (for 10 days) with the copper in order to cover Brook and Uronema prophylactically.

Also have been using GC with copper if flukes are present instead of post copper. (I just swap it out with two of the metro doses) Day 3 and day 9, or Day 1 and day 7.

@HotRocks Can you share your experience and observation when acclimating the fish to 1.5ppm copper? Any noticable difficulty/difference in fish behavior and getting the fish to eat? For Anthias and Wrasses, would you still acclimate 1.5ppm or just go with 1.0ppm to be safe?

Thanks!

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks Can you share your experience and observation when acclimating the fish to 1.5ppm copper? Any noticable difficulty/difference in fish behavior and getting the fish to eat? For Anthias and Wrasses, would you still acclimate 1.5ppm or just go with 1.0ppm to be safe?

Thanks!
I have done both without any noticable difference.

However, I would recommend using only 1.0ppm "to play it safe". Unless there is a reason that otherwise prevents you from doing so. Say you get a DOA fish, and it reships 2 days later and you have already started ramping copper up, it's safe to go ahead and acclimate that fish into the increased copper amount.

PGT253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done both without any noticable difference.

However, I would recommend using only 1.0ppm "to play it safe". Unless there is a reason that otherwise prevents you from doing so. Say you get a DOA fish, and it reships 2 days later and you have already started ramping copper up, it's safe to go ahead and acclimate that fish into the increased copper amount.

Gotcha. Thank you!

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks ,
Have 6 pj cardinals and a small tomeni tang that will be at day 14 of copper tomorrow. Second tank is up and running and ready for them for observation. My plan is do the suggested GC treatment twice and then if everything goes well add them to the display in a couple weeks. The cardinals have not been the best eaters and a couple still show white poo. I have been feeding frozen and flakes with the focus and GC and vitamins all along. Is it ok to continue the treated food once they get moved while dosing the GC to the water as well?
Thank you!
Jim

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks ,
Have 6 pj cardinals and a small tomeni tang that will be at day 14 of copper tomorrow. Second tank is up and running and ready for them for observation. My plan is do the suggested GC treatment twice and then if everything goes well add them to the display in a couple weeks. The cardinals have not been the best eaters and a couple still show white poo. I have been feeding frozen and flakes with the focus and GC and vitamins all along. Is it ok to continue the treated food once they get moved while dosing the GC to the water as well?
Thank you!
Jim
Jim, I would continue treatment. You might increase the amount of GC and focus in the food. We microwave and then strain/drain frozen foods then add meds and vitamins. Garlic guard or a similar product is a good idea to make the concoction more palatable as well. :)

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim, I would continue treatment. You might increase the amount of GC and focus in the food. We microwave and then strain/drain frozen foods then add meds and vitamins. Garlic guard or a similar product is a good idea to make the concoction more palatable as well. :)
Ok. That’s how I process the food as well.
Appreciate the advice. How’s the pearlscale?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. That’s how I process the food as well.
Appreciate the advice. How’s the pearlscale?
Pearlscale didn’t make it, tail infection in DT. Many other fish are thriving though, more coming! :)

Back