My first Pico. Help!

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2013
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
333
Location
Blaine tn
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like the title says. I have a Fluval Chi 5.5 gallon tank that I want to turn into a pico. I have Everything I need except lighting. What would be a good light on the cheap.
 
do kats light I agree. the modded ones are bright enough and low heat its good starter.
 
The mini coralife t5 bulbs die out super fast. I say get the skkye led. They sell it on drsfosterandsmith, both the 4 watt and 8 watt. It has separate cords so you can put whites and blues on timers. Best bang for the buck. No more than 100 i think.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new