My Frogspawn won't open

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I've had this frogspawn forever and I feel like its hardly grown since I got it. I recently made a big move to another state and downgraded to a 30 gallon which was about half the size of the original tank I had it in.

I feel like it opened wider and was happier in the other tank but since I added it to this one it started to split into 2 heads but isn't as open.

Does anyone know why this may be?

Is it because of where I have it placed in the tank?
IMG_2337 3.jpeg
IMG_2338 3.jpeg
IMG_4005 3.jpeg

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they split they don’t open as wide but that anemone so close it’s a cause for concern.
the Nem actually doesn't go any further than it is from what ive noticed it doesn't get close enough to touch him so I haven't worried about it

but that is good to know I didn't know when they split they aren't going to open as much that explains a lot thank you.

Is the placement of the frogspawn okay? does it need more flow or to be higher or lower in the tank?

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Nem actually doesn't go any further than it is from what ive noticed it doesn't get close enough to touch him so I haven't worried about it

but that is good to know I didn't know when they split they aren't going to open as much that explains a lot thank you.

Is the placement of the frogspawn okay? does it need more flow or to be higher or lower in the tank?
The nem van do chemical warfare also... do you run carbon in the tank?

In regards to placement I’m not sure what kind of light do you have? Any idea of the pr where is at? I think it looks fine and happy just probably splitting and that’s why it’s not so open.

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nem van do chemical warfare also... do you run carbon in the tank?

In regards to placement I’m not sure what kind of light do you have? Any idea of the pr where is at? I think it looks fine and happy just probably splitting and that’s why it’s not so open.

you blew my mind with that one I had no idea there was a chemical warfare possibly going on.

I run carbon and in the overflow area the 1st chamber is floss, bio balls, and one of the I think the brand is chemipure but one of those bags then cheato in the next chamber. inside the tank ive got that dragons breath.

I run a blackbox at like 30% multi color and 90% blue
the main strength of the light is the center of the tank

lowered the brightness in the second pic to show the color of the led's

IMG_2343.jpeg
IMG_2344.jpeg

Tundra Cuttle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look too unhappy. Part of it is the split and part could be the new tank you moved to. Things are going to take time to balance out and chemistry works differently in different volumes of water. Might just take an acclimation period but I would say splitting is a good sign overall.

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look too unhappy. Part of it is the split and part could be the new tank you moved to. Things are going to take time to balance out and chemistry works differently in different volumes of water. Might just take an acclimation period but I would say splitting is a good sign overall.
the move was a few months ago I think I passed the crap period cause I saw everything get really ugly then get Better then a super fast amount of growth.
but thank you for the reassurance definitely makes me feel like he's doing better than where was head was at

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back