Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
34077 Paseo Padre Parkway apt 34 Fremont CA, 94555
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 reef 020.JPG
29 reef 017.JPG
Two 100 gallon and a 30 all running on my own combo filter/skimmer/refugium. this one has been set up for 12 years. I'm running aquatic life 48" reef light on the reef and a marineland HO two tube T5 on the fish tank and a marineland 24" T8 two tube on the sea horse tank. I grow cheato in all my fuges and as it overgrows the fuge chamber, I sell it when I get enough. I light up this fuge with two JBJ nano's(4 brite white each). It grows about the same rate wet or dry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

seareefrun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
34077 Paseo Padre Parkway apt 34 Fremont CA, 94555
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of how my skimmer work's, this one is pumping 500 gph flow through and it fit's in the open space of the sump. It disassembles the water and assembles it through the Vortex discharge onto an angled run off mixing tray into the fuge where the plants and rock stop the fine bubbles from entering the pump sump. The skimmer pump draws from the constant level of the fuge. An air line valve adjust's the air intake on the pumps suction side. It is sensitive to Outside air temp, so the air suction line is inside the filter air space so the same amount of water grains in the air are constant.
29 & main reef 037.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back