My new Blue Spoted Jaw fish

Yariel0527

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got him a few days ago! He's enyoing the tank......
Bluespoted2.jpg

BlueSpoted1.jpg

B-Willz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are known for jumping. When I had him in a bio-cube he kept jumping into the filtration in the back and I would pull him out about once a week. Then he moved to a bigger tank thinking he wanted more room, I caught him on the floor once and got him back in time. I sealed the top what I thought was escape proof, he got out again but by the time I find him he was jerky.

bruno21447

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this fish he is one of my favs. Have had two carpet surf on me. One had for few months and one day bam. I would recommend a hood or cover for sure. Good luck with him

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Great fish, looks like he's enjoying the new home. Do cover the tank. Custom polypropylene mesh covers are the way to go.

el richie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would one of those be ok with powder fine sand or do they need gravel

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great fish just some tend to hide all day :sad: or maybe my buddies was a reject :squigglemouth:

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have relatively fine sand in my tank and Samson (the jawfish) loves it. If he wants more course substrate to build up the mouth of his den he goes and gets old snail shells or rocks. He has about a dozen entrances to his den (he has undermined all of the rockwork on one side of the tank). The awesome thing is, my bluespot is freeswimming as often as not, he isnt intimidated by my tangs and wrasses, heck, he will chomp nori off of the clip at the top of the tank. He swims up and perches around the tank, and always returns to his hideout after a little adventure.

The most entertaining thing (other than watching him dig) is watching a hermit try to crawl into his hole. He grabs it, spits it out, it crawls back in, he grabs it...

Mine eats just about everything. Love the little guy, but definitely put a top on the tank. My last went carpetsurfing. I now use a full canopy in the winter and raise it up in the summer with a clear mesh top on there, I'm not losing this cool fish!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back