My snail is stuck??

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is getting complicated....

Just take the net out of the water. The snail will retract if he can. It may take it a few minutes or even an hour. It will not hurt it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, I was acclimating snails, and went I went to net them up one stuck to the net? How can I get him off?

IMG_4585.jpeg
Do not pull ot tug, even gently. Aim water flow at it which will cause it to move

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)! I was just curious because you are posting about the two emergency’s about the snails. If you can post a full tank picture with the algae you are dealing with, a lot of knowledgeable people on here can help you with what you need.

You should be able to just pull it off. If that doesn’t work, and you afraid of damaging it, you should be able to leave the net in the tank for a couple hours and the snail should hopefully crawl out.
:)! I was just curious because you are posting about the two emergency’s about the snails. If you can post a full tank picture with the algae you are dealing with, a lot of knowledgeable people on here can help you with what you need.
It's probably still self acclimation itself. Try leaving it in the tank overnight, and see if it comes off. You can try leaving it out in the open, but I am not sure how that will work out. Like I have said multiple times, snails will be very inactive after being added to the tank.
As long as it take for it to let go. It will be easily fine for hours.

If it does not let go, it may be stuck (I doubt it) but would likely be a gonner anyway.
You don’t need the net for the fish. If the snail got caught, imagine if a fish gets caught with the net in the gills? I tell you from experience it’s a horrible feeling and it’s possible to damage the fish. I always suggest to use your hand or empty the water from the bag completely then drop the
I wanna thank you all, thanks for helping me in this predicament!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back