My switch from Apex to Profilux 4

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting to do it for a while, same reasons as everyone else... took advantage of a 15% sale... full advantage. I’m fully integrated into Apex but think I have it all mapped out. Replacing a 2016, 3eb832, dos, atk, 4wav and dreams of a trident. Purchased a profilux 4 set (one w/out display),kh director 2.1 slave doser (have 2.1 sa), sms module*, 2 additional powerbars & some sensors. Super amp’d! Excited to see what this new world brings. There are things I’ll be glad to be rid of and other apex features I’ll be interested to see what I can come up with. As an example, I love neptune’s amazon Alexa tie in... will be a fun to come up with a homegrown equivalent.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting to do it for a while, same reasons as everyone else... took advantage of a 15% sale... full advantage. I’m fully integrated into Apex but think I have it all mapped out. Replacing a 2016, 3eb832, dos, atk, 4wav and dreams of a trident. Purchased a profilux 4 set (one w/out display),kh director 2.1 slave doser (have 2.1 sa), sms module*, 2 additional powerbars & some sensors. Super amp’d! Excited to see what this new world brings. There are things I’ll be glad to be rid of and other apex features I’ll be interested to see what I can come up with. As an example, I love neptune’s amazon Alexa tie in... will be a fun to come up with a homegrown equivalent.
You gonna enjoy it and eventually (once you get used to it) realize its actually more intuitive and easier.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gonna enjoy it and eventually (once you get used to it) realize its actually more intuitive and easier.
Thanks- the one unit I haven’t seen much about is the sms module- I love the idea of being able to 2way communicate via sms. Know of any helpful threads specific to it?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SMS module is being redesigned they showed pictures of the new one on Facebook. Will for sure get it when it comes out.

And welcome to the GHL family :)

Last edited:

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- the one unit I haven’t seen much about is the sms module- I love the idea of being able to 2way communicate via sms. Know of any helpful threads specific to it?
Sorry I have not used it yet. Its concept is amazin thu.....

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! I'm eagerly awaiting my doser from the 15% sale as well. :D

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the GHL side.

I just installed another expansion card today... becomes quite enjoyable working with these products.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received shipping notification! Not a bad turnaround. I had purchased the sms module but later found I wasn’t a good match- I bring this up just to say that ghl customer service handled the situation perfectly. I’m starting to get what people told me i’d understand :)

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too ordered during that sale, switched over this past weekend and everything has been running as expected. Check out the thread by @Ditto if you need any help making the switch.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
22B56AE8-C000-49BA-968C-EEF80F6DEEC1.jpeg

It’s more than gorgeous... it’s moregeous.

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks, just tried and it is in fact expired. Bummer

I'm in the other camp so please ignore me but if I where you and you are interested send them a email and explain you considered switching but missed the sale. If not switching send it away and say you missed it but interested in buying one. Only do this if you are serious though about it.

I'll wager an adult beverage they will take care of you. I've done this a few times with various products and pricing.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back