Nano problems

NorCalcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have a 240 display and a 450 frag tank for the business. I also set up a 29 gallon biocube. I have the sunbrite led lighting over it. My corals in it are doing amazing. Some rainbow acans, maxima clam, lobo, and tricolor rose anemone. Every time I put fish in they seem to die. I test the water the levels are good. Temp seems stable everything seems OK. I go to sleep and in the morning all the fish are dead all the sudden. Clowns wrasse gobies etc. Ive tried this three times now.Ive thought of a pest, temp swings and other problems. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated I do not want to keep killing stuff and my girlfriend wants fish in the tank.

cheetofingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the small tank been set up? Ive always had problems keeping fish alive in tanks where the rock has not been live for more than 3 months, at least.

OP
OP
NorCalcorals

NorCalcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used rocks out of my established tanks. I test the water regularly and everything seems good. They just all die over night.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is very strange......do the fish show any visible signs of anything? rapid breathing? lethargy? erratic swimming?

OP
OP
NorCalcorals

NorCalcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not that I have noticed. And they all seem to die on the same nights. I have tried a couple of different times and the fish are fine until one night they just die. I haven't noticed any temp swing or anything that would lead me to believe something is wrong.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they die on the first night? with that rapid of a demise, I'm wondering if it could be low oxygen? or stray voltage?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back