Need a quick ID for confirmation

ShawnSaucier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
812
Location
Winter Park, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this stuff in one spot and not exactly sure what it is…
IMG_0999.jpeg


Don’t want it spreading, and of course on a base rock. It’s green, grass like and just in this spot.
 
IMG_1001.jpeg


Here is another pic. I’m praying it’s not Bryopsis. I don’t notice any feathery tips to it which is why I am questioning it. Also, nothing is touching this stuff. Urchin, snails, tang, Blenny, or crabs. The rest of my rock is barren except this spot.
I’m leaving for 2 months in 48 hrs and that could be devastating if it is. Debating pulling the frag and taking the financial hit. If it is Bryopsis, that could be months of pain if left unchecked for that amount of time. I’ve done this battle before, and lost. Had to reboot the system. This was also when ocean rock was still readily accessible. Not so much now…
 
IMG_0992.jpeg


IMG_0990.jpeg


Just a comparison on how clean the rest of the rock is..
A few snail shell could get scrubbed I suppose. Second pic next to the chalice frag…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new