Need Advice - In a bind

VetStudent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 12 gallon nanocube with some corals and live rock and a fish in it... and my hood is broken. Not kinda broken, but the hinges are shot, the ballast is not working, and the feeding lid thing has come off completely (I got a great deal on it used... for good reason apparently). It managed to survive a little while, but its been about three days of no lights while I've given every effort to try to fix it. Basically, I have to get a new hood. But the hood and the required pieces to make the hood work is almost $200. For that I could get a Biocube brand new of equivalent size, but I just hate to give up on my current investment. Also, I'm pretty sure my livestock (aside from my star polyp) has bitten the dust, but I would like to give a shot at reviving them. Another factor to consider... I could probably find a biocube in the next few days, but it will undoubtedly take a week or more to get the hood in. My LFS does not have any lights that will fit over my tank. Any ideas? I know the hobby is expensive, but I sure dont want to waste my money, especially as a college student.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back