Need Advice: Installing RODI Unit In Science Classroom

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to remove the barb fitting as the faucet will have a female thread with the barb being male. Then buy an adapter that will take you from inside to outside. See pic.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 20-21-37 10 Pieces Faucet Adapter Kit, Hibbent Brass Adapters Set for...png

OP
OP
Zach0918

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to remove the barb fitting as the faucet will have a female thread with the barb being male. Then buy an adapter that will take you from inside to outside. See pic.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 20-21-37 10 Pieces Faucet Adapter Kit, Hibbent Brass Adapters Set for...png
Yeah, I was just looking for this actually. So theoretically if I can find an adapter that is 3/8"NPS x male standard faucet threads, then I can just install the previously linked diverter?

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That what I would do and it involves no change to the faucet other than removing the barb fitting which can be reinstalled when you are finished.

OP
OP
Zach0918

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That what I would do and it involves no change to the faucet other than removing the barb fitting which can be reinstalled when you are finished.
Yeah, I agree. I just hope that fitting exists. I'm not seeing alot with 3/8" to 15/16" (standard faucet)

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I agree. I just hope that fitting exists. I'm not seeing alot with 3/8" to 15/16" (standard faucet)
Yeah, you can find one. Bring the diverter valve along with the barbed fitting from faucet down to your local plumbing supply. Five-10 bucks later you’ll be on your way with what you need

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have you talked to the custodians, if it’s like our district they can put in a work order and a district plumber can hard plumb it into the pipes under the sink. I chose the faucet attachment so it wouldn’t be permanent.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my RO/DI Valve and Connection at my Laundry sink. BTW, notice the Blue RO/DI locking clip. These should be on every connection point.

Attachments

• 1642904554041.jpeg
    1642904554041.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 27

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facilities plumber will hard install. Usually either a self puncture setup (if water shutoff is a pain and is copper pipe) or swag in a tee (if localized shutoff is easy and is copper pipe). If there is a conventional faucet shut off, they will just install a tee at the faucet shutoff.

OP
OP
Zach0918

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have you talked to the custodians, if it’s like our district they can put in a work order and a district plumber can hard plumb it into the pipes under the sink. I chose the faucet attachment so it wouldn’t be permanent.
Ya I am just trying to prepare for when I speak to them. Wanna see what my options are.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facilities plumber will hard install. Usually either a self puncture setup (if water shutoff is a pain and is copper pipe) or swag in a tee (if localized shutoff is easy and is copper pipe). If there is a conventional faucet shut off, they will just install a tee at the faucet shutoff.
Doubtful any plumber worth his salt, or facilities staffer looking for longevity would use a saddle valve.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubtful any plumber worth his salt, or facilities staffer looking for longevity would use a saddle valve.
You'd be surprised. I work in a airport environment, water shutoffs are he!!, like shut down the terminal he!!. They are used all the time in when the situation applies for it. Namely ice maker or water tower installs. Where the shut off is nowhere to be found due to 60+ year old infrastructure or too scared to attempt it because it may not come back on or the shutoff valve breaks off in your hands.

I see a lot of contractor/vendor work after the fact. The Mickey mouse crap that goes and is signed off on is astonishing.

Last edited:

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be surprised. I work in a airport environment, water shutoffs are he!!, like shut down the terminal he!!. They are used all the time in when the situation applies for it. Namely ice maker or water tower installs. Where the shut off is nowhere to be found due to 60+ year old infrastructure or too scared to attempt it because it may not come back on or the shutoff valve breaks off in your hands.

I see a lot of contractor/vendor work after the fact. The Mickey mouse crap that goes and is signed off on is astonishing.
Yeah, I’m always surprised. Except when an appliance installer guy installs one, since it’s so cheap and easy.
In most areas, with municipal water, meters have been installed. When the meter was added the old original water main valve is left in place, and two new ball valves, which are durable and long lasting, are typically installed on either side of the new meter. Anyone can then use the new valves to turn off the water

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back