Need New Return Pump, Suggestions?

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it doesn't have to be DC then amazon probably still has the fluval sp-6 for under 200. A reliable ac askoll motor that pushes over 3000 gph.
Otherwise for inexpensive jebao is fairly hard to beat as far as DC pumps are concerned

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Coral Box for my nano build and really like the pump, plus it has 0-10v control out of the box. It also comes with fittings and intake guard (which most pumps don't come with a guard). For the money, it's a pretty solid pump so far.
I'm considering one for my 120 display, for the 0-10v control. How do you like it?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually …. Truth be told . All my pumps are jeabo

dc 9000 for my external skimmer
Dc 6000 for my water change / mixing tote
150 and 180 cross flow

a old wp40 in my sump turned down to keep detritus from settling

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm considering one for my 120 display, for the 0-10v control. How do you like it?
I don’t have it hooked up to a controller yet, but that’s coming soon. I like the pump, plus having the extra fittings and guard is mandatory for me. Why all the others don’t include these is beyond me, especially for what they charge. I think most pumps come from one factory anyway (besides a select few) so you’re paying for name/branding and features. You can buy two pumps for the price of one and still have money left over and the piece of mind of having a backup on hand. No regrets so far and it’s pretty quiet.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have it hooked up to a controller yet, but that’s coming soon. I like the pump, plus having the extra fittings and guard is mandatory for me. Why all the others don’t include these is beyond me, especially for what they charge. I think most pumps come from one factory anyway (besides a select few) so you’re paying for name/branding and features. You can buy two pumps for the price of one and still have money left over and the piece of mind of having a backup on hand. No regrets so far and it’s pretty quiet.
I currently use a Jebao for my return and drives a manifold for a uv light & carbon reactor. I was considering to try to source a Coral Box controller and see if it would work with my jebao pump as I wouldn't mind 0-10v Apex control for the pump.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently use a Jebao for my return and drives a manifold for a uv light & carbon reactor. I was considering to try to source a Coral Box controller and see if it would work with my jebao pump as I wouldn't mind 0-10v Apex control for the pump.
Reach out to Reef Breeders, that’s where I bought the pump. My guess is they are the same pump, minus features.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return pump is shot, and I need a new one, yet there’s so many name and off brands to choose from. I am looking for suggestions. Preferably on the cheaper side, as my budget is pretty limited due to the natural disaster that toasted my old one. The sump is currently drilled for an external pump, hence why a flood toasted it, but I am leaning towards plugging the hole and going internal to avoid these problems going forward.

Display Volume: 230 gallons
Sump Volume: 150 gallons (will hold about 75gal of water).
I use the DCP 10,000 in my basement and run it at 40% at about 45 watts. My display is 210g and my sump a 100g

I keep a spare just in case but I think im getting close to 5 or 6 years use. If you need an impeller the 8500 uses the same one if you need a replacement.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back