Need some guidance, placement, flow.

Michael Hull

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2019
Messages
180
Reaction score
134
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got this coral, I think it’s stylophora. Can’t seem to get it to fully extend or flourish. What kind of lighting and nutrition can I do for it? And flow levels?

89F15FFD-0502-4F03-9B86-C15E920F45A4.jpeg
 
I'm having the same sort of problem with my purple stylo its currently in moderate flow and lighting

20190927_212106.jpg
 
SPS typically like flow to go around them and not directly in them. Somewhere around 200 PAR should work as well. How long have you had the coral? It could just be adjusting to your parameters as well. For nutrients you are looking have phosphate below 0.1 ppm and nitrates around 5-10.
 
I’ve got this coral, I think it’s stylophora. Can’t seem to get it to fully extend or flourish. What kind of lighting and nutrition can I do for it? And flow levels?

89F15FFD-0502-4F03-9B86-C15E920F45A4.jpeg

A couple questions. How long has the coral been in the tank? How old is the tank? Also, do you have any other SPS in the tank and what are your water parameters?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new