Need some help!!! Can’t decide.

  • Thread starter Thread starter spencjw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spencjw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2024
Messages
71
Reaction score
72
Location
Va Beach
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25lagoon, it’s only 11inch tall so figure 9.5-10 when you add in the sand. I absolutely love the look of the kessil. Thinking of doing 2 A-80’s to start and add in a blue bar or two down the road to help with par. Worried that I won’t get enough par and that the controller is difficult to adjust and setup. Anyone on here running a setup like this and does it grow coral well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
V/r
Spence
 
I'd go with two a160we if you want to go Kessil. The a80 is a very underpowered light.

If thinking outside of Kessil, two Noopsyche K7 Minis will be the perfect lights for that tank, and you'll have no problems with PAR.
 
I have a kessil A360X over that tank, seems to have great coverage for that footprint.

I personally just used the dials/kessil logic and put it on a timer. I even have the controller but didn't bother.

I wouldn't bother with A80's and bars....
 
Last edited:
The tank is 24”x19”x11”. I would like to have a mix reef. Light on the sps.
For a mixed reef, you want good coverage for the acros on top. That’s a shallow tank, so you don’t need that much wattage.

Two light bars with 3 a80s in the center would work fine.

I think the a80s on such a shallow tank would be good with the right supplementation.
 
A single 360x will cover that tank nicely. I'm actually using two 360x's over mine, but I had a fixtures from a previous tank, so I went crazy. But a single 360x will cover quite a bit, but make sure you use the controller of wifi dongle to unlock the violet, red and green channels (violet being the most important). My 25 lagoon is LPS dominant, so it's perfect. For a single 360x, I would mount it about 9" above the water and you should cover everything nicely.
There are budget friendly fixtures out there as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new