Need some help, the ugly stage is here

BristleWormHater

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
7,845
Location
Roswell, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help with Id on algae, and what cuc members to add. Here's pics

Diatoms:

20240820_173548.jpg
20240820_173601.jpg




What is this?
20240820_173619.jpg



Bubble algae
20240820_173736.jpg



What is that (on top of the left side of dipsastraea)
20240820_173827.jpg



Same stuff as the dipsastraea but the goni seems pretty bothered by it
20240820_173853.jpg




What is this
20240820_173937.jpg
20240820_173939.jpg

I'll try to get better pics but I think these are bryozoans
20240820_174707.jpg
 
How many fish do you have?

TBH: Most of those don’t look all that bad, and don’t seem at the level you’d need to add algaecides - also, note that your CUC need something to eat… no algae and they’ll promptly starve and die.

I’d suggest getting a diverse clean up crew, including hermits and maybe an emerald crab, and a conch. These will add a little character, bring in a more comprehensive microbiome, and keep most algae in check. I’ve had good experience with Reefcleaners.org, but there are a few folks who have similar product lines.

I suggest you carefully inspect snail shells for things like vermitid snails.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new