Neptune SKY light failing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Downfall
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Downfall

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
83
Location
WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SKY light which I've preordered and ran at a max of 15% is starting to turn on and off at random times. I've tried factory resetting it three times without and change in its behavior. I contacted Neptune to see if they could help and all they asked is if I have multiple SKY lights to try swapping power supplies, which I don't, and I told that that and they've ghosted me ever since.

Any suggestions on how I could catch a failing power supply since it seems intermittent? Anything else to check or try?

Extremely disappointed this $800 light is already failing.
 
A couple of things about Sky. Power supply failure is much more rare than the light failure (that's true for most reef lights), Sky specifically fails due to main board issues, significant issues. Neptune discontinued the light and no longer offers much of support for it.
I do repair these lights, many of them lately, and can give it a try for you if you are willing to ship.
 
A couple of things about Sky. Power supply failure is much more rare than the light failure (that's true for most reef lights), Sky specifically fails due to main board issues, significant issues. Neptune discontinued the light and no longer offers much of support for it.
I do repair these lights, many of them lately, and can give it a try for you if you are willing to ship.
Are you still repairing SKY lights? One of my two is not turning on a few of the white LEDs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new