Neptune Trident

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune is taking their time and making sure they are going to release a product that is ready and tested.

This is the key point for me. Release it when it is ready and 'bulletproof'. If it never gets there, don't release it. This is not a paint-by-numbers hobby. Learn your tank, understand the underlying driver of success and then use automation as an enabler/augmentation.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the key point for me. Release it when it is ready and 'bulletproof'. If it never gets there, don't release it. This is not a paint-by-numbers hobby. Learn your tank, understand the underlying driver of success and then use automation as an enabler/augmentation.

I would just Like an UPDATE that is aimed at Apex , the fan boy replies are fine but try to stay on topic to why people are frustrated. Which has nothing to do with anybody not knowing their tanks

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cry me a river, you haven’t paid for a product that hasn’t been released, yet feel entitled to have it- typical consumer. I think ignoring threads like this is the best thing for apex to do.

They don’t need your business. You WANT theirs. Perhaps you misunderstand that?

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cry me a river, you haven’t paid for a product that hasent been released, yet feel entitled to have it- typical consumer. I think ignoring threads like this is the best thing for apex to do.

They don’t need your business. You WANT theirs.

Your Orange panties are showing sir LOL With that said I think an update is pretty. Reasonable since I have had Two different answers when asked if the Trident is being tested . Nobody needs your triggered rhetoric but thanks [emoji3]

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Orange panties are showing sir LOL With that said I think an update is pretty. Reasonable since I have had Two different answers when asked if the Trident is being tested . Nobody needs your triggered rhetoric but thanks [emoji3]

But you understand that there is zero need or incentive for apex to respond to you, right? They will release it when it is ready to be released, irrelevant of what you have heard.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you understand that there is zero need or incentive for apex to respond to you, right? They will release it when it is ready to be released, irrelevant of what you have heard.

I’m sorry who are you to speak for Apex ?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree that the consumers don't need a response. However, if your company says its coming out and then it doesn't. Your company says its coming and then release a new version and tells you that you have to buy it to use the trident so you buy it, then come out with a head unit they said they weren't going to release but did after people spent double. I could see where some people think they deserve at least some updates.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im an Apex Owner and supporter .I’m pretty sure that’s why this thread exists.. Not for Apex wannabe mascots who can’t control their self when someone asks for an update

Have you tried calling them? This thread isn't even in the apex forum.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried calling them? This thread isn't even in the apex forum.

This last time I’m gonna answer your emotional self ..

How do you know what I have tried and what I have not ? I think you need to control your emotions and tuck them Orange things back in ya pants buddy. This Forum is for questions is it not ? I don’t need your emotional comments when I’m CLEARLY asking for a update that you know ZERO about . Have a nice day

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This last time I’m gonna answer your emotional self ..

How do you know what I have tried and what I have not ? I think you need to control your emotions and tuck them Orange things back in ya pants buddy. This Forum is for questions is it not ? I don’t need your emotional comments when I’m CLEARLY asking for a update that you know ZERO about . Have a nice day

I asked LOL. I never said what you tried or didn’t try. Read, my friend. Orange pants are better than brown.

My post:

“Have you tried calling them? This thread isn’t even in the apex forum”.

OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked LOL. I never said what you tried or didn’t try. Read, my friend. Orange pants are better than brown.

My post:

“Have you tried calling them? This thread isn’t even in the apex forum”.
I am the original poster to this thread. I was not aware because the topic was a Neptune "concept" product at this point that it had to go in the Apex section. I asked a simple question about others frustration and what other testing devices that are available that members have used or thought about trying instead of waiting for the Trident. Some people stuck to the topic of the post and gave their opions and others well you all got your orange jumpsuits on and got in full defense mode. As potential buyers of this "concept" item we should have updates from Neptune or at least a definition of what coming soon means to them. There are many websites that have had the item listed with coming soon and I have even seen where some sellers are taking a deposit on the Trident. Coming soon has been the response from all sellers of Neptune products for way too long. The lack of info of any sort can only hurt the sale of the item. The way I see it is Neptune is having real issues with reliability and not that they are worried someone will figure out how to cheat the device to make it work without a new Apex or any other reason that may be given by the orange jumpsuits wearers. The customer base of a product that has said coming soon now for over a year should have some kind of update on where the product is at in the development stage. I don't think anyone is asking for their secrets on the Trident just an update on when we can realistically expect it to be available.

This is a discussion board the last time I looked and this is a discussion on the Trident and other automated testing devices that have actually made it to the marketplace. I will sit back and wait for more jumpsuit's to tell me that I don't deserve a response from Neptune.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just Like an UPDATE that is aimed at Apex , the fan boy replies are fine but try to stay on topic to why people are frustrated. Which has nothing to do with anybody not knowing their tanks

My point was a nuanced one, so not surprising you missed it. Fan boy is a stupid term; usually reserved for use when people have no cogent argument to make. Believe Neptune said at MACNA in Late August that they were working on it but no actual release date yet. Is that not updated enough?

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point was a nuanced one, so not surprising you missed it. Fan boy is a stupid term; usually reserved for use when people have no cogent argument to make. Believe Neptune said at MACNA in Late August that they were working on it but no actual release date yet. Is that not updated enough?

Clearly You MISSED the point why everyone is Frustrated ! And why would you act like all the guys who is frustrated don’t know there tanks ? I’m pretty sure most do .That it was just a Jab/attack on the ones who has a different view than you . No need to respond i have zero patience with bias emotional views Thanks

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly You MISSED the point why everyone is Frustrated ! And why would you act like all the guys who is frustrated don’t know there tanks ? I’m pretty sure most do .That it was just a Jab/attack on the ones who has a different view than you . No need to respond i have zero patience with bias emotional views Thanks

You have a tank?

(Joking. I find it funny how you keep on calling out “emotional” responses when you are clearly the one who is upset)

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red button 1357407 copy.png

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know being in business 25+ years(talking about me ), and I had clients with inquiries, I dont answer them. I'd be out of business EVENTUALLY.

I think it depends entirely on the kind of 'inquiry'. If one were to make an inquiry through Neptune, you would absolutely get a response - I have done that a few times and always received a response. To expect a manufacturer to participate in threads like this is a completely different animal. Some do, on occasion, but mostly they do not. Why? Because there's really no upside to it. These threads often devolve into emotional and irrational rantings ….. pointless.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back