Neptune Trident

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very simple. The dosing pump stayed on and dumped a litre of triton into the tank. The web interface crashed multiple times stopping any user attempt to remotely stop the dump. I ended up throwing away a P4, Doser 2.1 master 4 head, slave 3 head and a KHD. I wont sell on a piece of junk.

The web interface I agree could use work but that’s first I heard anything like that about 2.1 . There one the best dosers out .

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popcorn.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sure I’ll get accused of trying to protect a sponsor but for the life of me I don’t understand why people get so upset over this.

1. You’re having to wait longer for a product that was once considered a unicorn in the hobby.

2. Neptune is taking their time and making sure they are going to release a product that is ready and tested. We’re not talking about a pump here. We’re taking about an intrigual system component that can make or break your entire system.

3. Why get so mad? There are other products if you want to get something now.

I feel like the hostility from some of you is because you WANT Neptune Systems products but you feel like you’re kinda stuck because the Trident is not ready. If this is not the reason then buy something else. If it is the reason just have a little more patience. I would rather wait, which I am doing, and have one of the best products than jump the gun and add one that’s not going to measure up to expectations.
Part of it is that people modified their current apex based on the timing from Neptune's planned release. That said - I hope they don't release it before its 'ready for prime time'. Hopefully they learned from the mistakes they made releasing the new apex with firmware problems.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every apex fanboy thinks neptune can never do any wrong in their eyes then one day neptune will truly mess up their tank and when they try to explain their side of the story to hopefully save someone from the same fate another fanboy will tell them they owe u nothing and just get over it

This I think is key (of course every company has their fanboys). I have lost 1 tank (due to a malfunction in an early Apex 2016) - and nearly lost another two that I was able to catch. When I reported it - People claimed I was lying, etc. Trying to get something from Neptune. Well I just got my Apex Brain and EBB back from Neptune which required 2 updated chips (their technical support could not explain to me where the damage to the chips came from - ie original manufacture or age - but either way - Another tank almost lost. (I remain curious as to why they couldn't explain what the failure was from - since its their product - I was only asking to try to avoid anything I could have done to damage the unit here). Frankly - I would never ever again trust my tank to a controller system because once they fail - (and its always when you're on vacation) - its a big problem. The monitoring functions are great. The alerts (when they work) are great - but other than that no way. Never again.. To those that want to monitor/manage Alk with programming - It is only a matter of time before disaster IMHO. Good luck to all waiting for Trident - but aside for monitoring (assuming its reproducible and correct) may be useful - I wouldn't ever use it to control alk using dosing pumps. (again JMHO).

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only frustration with the Trident is the announcement so far ahead of a non-existent product. That is a marketing ploy to get people to not buy another product, which I somewhat understand but at the same time it ticks people off. You have a community and a beta testing group, go nuts. When the product is ready, release it, but until then don't show it at an event or promo it online or with BRS and the like.

For the required 2016 brain, I get it. At some point Apex has to stop supporting the older equipment so that things advance. No one has a PS2 mount port anymore, or parallel printers, everything goes EOL at some point.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This I think is key (of course every company has their fanboys). I have lost 1 tank (due to a malfunction in an early Apex 2016) - and nearly lost another two that I was able to catch. When I reported it - People claimed I was lying, etc. Trying to get something from Neptune. Well I just got my Apex Brain and EBB back from Neptune which required 2 updated chips (their technical support could not explain to me where the damage to the chips came from - ie original manufacture or age - but either way - Another tank almost lost. (I remain curious as to why they couldn't explain what the failure was from - since its their product - I was only asking to try to avoid anything I could have done to damage the unit here). Frankly - I would never ever again trust my tank to a controller system because once they fail - (and its always when you're on vacation) - its a big problem. The monitoring functions are great. The alerts (when they work) are great - but other than that no way. Never again.. To those that want to monitor/manage Alk with programming - It is only a matter of time before disaster IMHO. Good luck to all waiting for Trident - but aside for monitoring (assuming its reproducible and correct) may be useful - I wouldn't ever use it to control alk using dosing pumps. (again JMHO).
I wonder if an electrical surge? All electronic device i think should be on a surge protector. I wonder

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only frustration with the Trident is the announcement so far ahead of a non-existent product. That is a marketing ploy to get people to not buy another product, which I somewhat understand but at the same time it ****** people off. You have a community and a beta testing group, go nuts. When the product is ready, release it, but until then don't show it at an event or promo it online or with BRS and the like.

This is actually fairly common in some parts of the consumer electronics industry. Like cameras. If it’s not officially teased, there are all kinds of intentional “leaks” about the products months in advance, to be sure that customers don’t jump to other brands.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apples next phone “ accidentally” leaked this morning! Yeah sure!! Previous aka leaks or announcement are good to build up the hype and free easy marketing

Parsec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just ordered up the GHL KH Director so I can let you know how that goes after I get it set up.

Can you give us an update on how that went, I'm on the fence to get GHL controller with KH Director or still wait for Neptune.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us an update on how that went, I'm on the fence to get GHL controller with KH Director or still wait for Neptune.
I had the KH Director and threw it and all other GHL equipment after it dumped 1l of alk into the tank. My personal experience says avoid it like the plague.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been using the GHL KH director on two tanks over 8 months without any issues. I have enabled auto dosing adjustments of 3 part dosing (aquaforest) without any issues like the one posted above.

I am dosing 23ml on my new tank with KH adjusting the dosage.

I am dosing 119 ML on my other tank with the KH adjusting the dosage.

I Ran the unit 6 months before allowing it to adjust, adding ph probe safety config in the event something ever goes wrong. (Turns off the doser)

Overall been working great alkalinity stays within .1 pretty much all day. 7.3 - 7.4 which also includes AWC every day also.

On both tanks the testing is 6 times a day also.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been using the GHL KH director on two tanks over 8 months without any issues. I have enabled auto dosing adjustments of 3 part dosing (aquaforest) without any issues like the one posted above.

I am dosing 23ml on my new tank with KH adjusting the dosage.

I am dosing 119 ML on my other tank with the KH adjusting the dosage.

I Ran the unit 6 months before allowing it to adjust, adding ph probe safety config in the event something ever goes wrong. (Turns off the doser)

Overall been working great alkalinity stays within .1 pretty much all day. 7.3 - 7.4 which also includes AWC every day also.

On both tanks the testing is 6 times a day also.

This is trident post ?

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news on this? I am thinking on getting the reefbot instead :)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share a pic of your tank that is serviced by the KH guardian?
In order to keep things on pace with it being a trident thread and all I won’t post any photos
But Look in my thread the khg has done the same thing for my tank for almost two years now only flaw is it is loud

Back